Kia Forte Forum banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
YOu guys are great I'm from Costa Rica and i had myt new 2012 kia forte, probably i goping to install the HID's are they similar to this one installs?

THANKS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great write up. U say no for high beams? I live a ways into the country and there is not much for traffic yet a lot of deer and wildlife. Will the 55 or 35 watt high beam kit help out for more light out put or is it not much over the low beams. I am not to worried about flashing people due to I will probably deserve it anyways. I get flashed all the time anyways with stock lights set at stock adjustment. I just wanna see them deer. Wanna protect the youngin in the back. What I get from the posts is it is because you can't flash people but I don't see much saying if there is or is not extra light output to be worth it. I'm going to get a 35 watt kitt for low for sure just undecided with high.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Great write up. U say no for high beams? I live a ways into the country and there is not much for traffic yet a lot of deer and wildlife. Will the 55 or 35 watt high beam kit help out for more light out put or is it not much over the low beams. I am not to worried about flashing people due to I will probably deserve it anyways. I get flashed all the time anyways with stock lights set at stock adjustment. I just wanna see them deer. Wanna protect the youngin in the back. What I get from the posts is it is because you can't flash people.
No you don't need high HID, the standard highs will work. But you really don't need highs once you install the lows. I got low and fogs 35watt 6000 and they work perfect. And it's not just to flash other people for there high beams. It's also for Safty like if a car is coming at you like a drunk driver or some one not paying attention, you need to be able to flash some one for you and your kids safety.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just thought the hid highs would shine higher and farther since there aimed more for that. (yes I know HID in halogen reflectors are not controlled the same so no flamers) I get what your saying About flashing for those reasons. Guess I nevere thought of that. I can't believe the HID lows are bright enough for no Reason to have hid highs. They must be crazy bright. I just live on a road next to a river and fields that are absolutely full of wildlife, it's like a gauntlet.
Thanks clarifying it up

·
Registered
393 Posts
That what's cool about the HID lows, they reflect in every eye of all wild life so bright you will see. Just try the lows and fogs and then if you think you need more you can put in the highs. Just a idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rapter 35watt h11 finally came in today. Installed it tonight everything seems fine but passenger ballast has a buzzing sound. Anyone else have this problem? Good, bad, normal?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Bump!

Noodile, kindly edit these low-quality pics appropriately. After numerous searches, I have yet to see a thread where someone asks where to mount their ballasts that gets anything more than a written answer. So while I was doing my install, I took some pics with the lights removed. I noticed the area under my lights is different from what I saw yesterday inside of an EX 5door.

First picture is the driver's side, second is passenger.

Now, the second set of pictures with the yellow boxes are where I mounted my ballasts using the 3M double sided tape. When I saw the engine compartment of Bryanguystatus's 5, he had some pretty obvious areas where he could mount the ballasts. Keep in mind, I've got a 2010 Koup SX 5speed A/T and he has a 2012 EX 5door, no fogs.

EDIT: Oh and Noodile, the last 2 pics that I just uploaded are proof that even a total n00b like me can do this stuff if they READ THE DAMNED STICKIES!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
^ nice. personally i put the one on the passenger side on the windshield washer fluid resevoir. AC components are to expensive to fuck with. plus theu get cold and stuff and ballasts get hot.

but other than that, great job and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well, i figured the ballast would get hot, and it wouldn't be smart to put it on plastic... which melts. Didn't realize those were AC components i put it under. I may move it.

One more thing. In the instructions in this thread, the wires are blue and white. The DiodeDynamics kit has red and black. Black goes in first (closest to the bulb,) red goes in second (closest to the dust cap.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my kit from ddmtuning, got the relay as well for the 55w 5000, but I have no clue how to install the relay .... I know the connector with the red and black wires go to the ballast but what about the second connector with white and blue wires ??? Please help ...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anybody try this install without removing the headlights? Just finished audi led strips and not wanting to do that again. LOL!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ddmtuning .... Very disappointing, installed the HID slim ballast kit, 2 days later, passenger side stopped working. Turned out to be a faulty ballast ... Went online, did a warranty ticket, took 2 days to hear back from them, so I sent the ballast back, tried to sign in to check status, had no password, so I requested a password, 2 days later, got tired of waiting and had to call ... Not happy at all, but I guess [email protected] happens right? Hopefully I will get a replacement soon ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I figured this return would be different... I am way disappointed with their customer service. It took a week for them to "receive" my faulty ballast, then I called them on June 22nd, and they said they were shipping my replacement the next day. Well, today, July 1st, I got the email saying my product was just shipped from China or Japan or wherever they ship from .... So I will be driving with different color headlights for over 3 weeks .... That is way too long and poor customer service to say the least. I pray that I never have to deal with this ever again.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts