Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
The frame is right under the headlight housing, with the DD kit the give you a bracket for the ballist. I found a screw hole sitting right there. On the passenger side, there was a screw holding a wire, unscrewed it, but the bracket there, screwed it back in. On the driver side, the hole was empty, just put the bracket it, and screwed it down. Pretty easy!

i had 6k on my 07 civic si, 8k on my 2003 mazdaspeed preotege and protege5, and now i have 5k on my kia. as far as brightness, 5k is the brightest. its a PURE WHITE, no blue nor yellow.
6k had a tint of blue, bright, but not as bright as the 5k.
8k was too blue for me.

as far as kelvin ratings no matter what k you get, 5, 6, 8, or even 10k, they ALL have the same light output. you just dont see blue light on the road as you would see white light.

maybe something for you guys to use.

Would it be possible to get some pics of the ballasts mounted in the car. I love the write up, I would just like to see the mounted ballasts. I have not been able to find any pics of them in there mounted locations.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Would it be possible to get some pics of the ballasts mounted in the car. I love the write up, I would just like to see the mounted ballasts. I have not been able to find any pics of them in there mounted locations.
ill try, they're hidden under the housing and i had to take ther whole housing out for the install. ill try tomorrow when the sun is up

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.