Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i decided to make 2 quick videos for HID installs. feel free to put any comments. Sorry for the accent, I'm in PA, but i'm originally egyptian.

and sorry for the shakiness, i had to hold my camera and do it at the same time.

Low Beams::::

High Beams::::

Things to consider:

I reccomend a harness for Fogs. (sometimes one wouldn't light up, until i hooked them up with a harness)
I recommend a harness for Highbeams or low beams if they are 55W. if you have 35W, then you're good, if 55W, you might get some issues.

EDIT:
The 3 wires that i said hook up to your ballasts are below in the picture. Picture was borrowed from gryph0n:

the 2 small connections connect to one wire (that splits in 2 connectors), and the 3 connector (the big one), connects straight into the actual ballast.

NOTE: the connectors may differ depending on where you get your kits from. These are from DDM.

·
Registered
148 Posts
YES YES YES YES mine come in tomorrow you are the man!!!

·
Banned
203 Posts
The wires at the end, you said not to worry about, where do they go? I know the two on the right go into the ballast but where does the other one go? (low beams by the way)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
all 3 go into the ballast (at least that is if you get them from DDM). the bigger one, goes into the ballast, or into the harness then the ballast.

I updated it, and added a Picture

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
So i decided to make 2 quick videos for HID installs. feel free to put any comments. Sorry for the accent, I'm in PA, but i'm originally egyptian.

and sorry for the shakiness, i had to hold my camera and do it at the same time.

Low Beams::::

High Beams::::

Things to consider:

I reccomend a harness for Fogs. (sometimes one wouldn't light up, until i hooked them up with a harness)
I recommend a harness for Highbeams or low beams if they are 55W. if you have 35W, then you're good, if 55W, you might get some issues.

EDIT:
The 3 wires that i said hook up to your ballasts are below in the picture. Picture was borrowed from gryph0n:

the 2 small connections connect to one wire (that splits in 2 connectors), and the 3 connector (the big one), connects straight into the actual ballast.

NOTE: the connectors may differ depending on where you get your kits from. These are from DDM.
Awesome video of HID's kudos & accolades. Even if this video is an old post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts