Kia Forte Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
you need to let the HID bulbs warm up, don't turn them on and off all the time just give them a few seconds to warm up, it they dont come on at all, then you have a problem. Just like Florescent bulbs with a ballast they take a second to ignite that gas inside the bulbs, mine flicker at start up too, but come back on after a few seconds.

·
Registered
453 Posts
beast- what are those turn signals? clear and orange??, if your driving are they clear and when you put the turn signals on do they change back and forth

thanks
ben

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Ok. I'll try to answer these as best as possible

I don't have daytime running lights nor have I done the mod. My connection was simply HIDs to to stock wiring & ballasts to harness if that make sense.

My fogs only work if my low beams are on.

When my HIDs turn on the driver side is 10x brighter than the passenger side but once it "warms" they equal out.

As far as my turn signals. They are V-LEDs.com 1157 Amber/White AW Type 1 switchbacks. When I have my parking lights on they are white and when I turn my signals/hazards on the switch from white to amber and back. They are never off unless I turn my driving lights off.

Let me know of questions

·
Registered
27 Posts
I cannot find a solution to my HID Problem, Now while I was driving tonight I lost my right parking light and tail-light. Blinkers work Hazards work and Brake lights are good. Just the tail on the right and parking light on the right?

Scratch that figured out the problem. http://autolumination.com/switchback.html The Stealth bulb was the one i bought 60 leds however i first noticed a problem when the lights blinked to fast thus cause me to blow my fuse. Not sure if the fuse is to small or what but I think I am going to email the company and tell them the problem and get a smaller bulb.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.