Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got my DDM 6000K Hid kit in today, and as I was figuring out where everything goes, I am a little stumped on something. I saw pictures of what the headlight compartment looks like, and as well as other peoples HID kits, and I dunno what to do. Any help appreciated.

tl;dr what do I do with the piece in my hand in picture 1)?

1) The piece I don't know what to do with

2) Another view of the setup

3) Another view

4) Another view

·
Registered
431 Posts
DDM sorta screwed us all up with that clip, now you need to cut into the wiring, and install spades into the existing L clip. That Black Clip is holding 2 existing spades which are too long for our low beams connector, you need to run out to autozone and get some spades.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DDM sorta screwed us all up with that clip, now you need to cut into the wiring, and install spades into the existing L clip. That Black Clip is holding 2 existing spades which are too long for our low beams connector, you need to run out to autozone and get some spades.
So from what I understand, I cut the black clip off as pictured in picture 1, and then attach spades to the remaining bare wire?

·
Registered
431 Posts
So from what I understand, I cut the black clip off as pictured in picture 1, and then attach spades to the remaining bare wire?
Yes sir, and when you install into the bulb connectors, you will see a connector inside the headlight housing, 2 yellow wires connected to it.. just unscrew that, and install the new hid wiring with the new spades, and then turn it vertical , right now its sitting horizontal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I managed to pull the spades out through the clip, so I am good to go now. Thanks anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts