Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I ordered the H11 Raptor set from DDM. I got it in the mail today.
My connector looks like the H11 bulb and is NOT the individual spades as shown in all of the install threads here. Is there a way to pop the spades out of the plastic housing, without having to just trying to snip and crack it off?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
can you take a picture???

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picture added from the DDM tuning install guide. I have the A, but all the install guides on here show the B connector, which I expected to get.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have opened a ticket but having issues logging back into the support site. Called them and was on hold so long they came on the line and took my number and said they would call back when they could.

Just thought I might get a quicker answer here.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
look at the onnector, if i remember correct, theres a little thing that you could pushh with a knife and it pops out. you have to do one at a time. it's on the inside area of each of the spade.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give it a look.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Yeah there's a tab you have to press in and pull on the spade to release it. It's a pain in the ass to get out. If you can get something the size of a toothpick but metal it should do the trick.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, good news/bad news. I was able to get 3 of the spades out without issue. I think the 4th was poorly crimped as it came out of the spade with the slightest pull. I checked autopart stores and wal-mart and no one carries a spade that small to replace it.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Radio Shack has 3/16", but looks like I need 1/8" inch. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
spread the tabs open and re-crimp or use the bigger spade and file down.
Tried spreading the old tabs, but the bits are so small I won't be confident that I haven't introduced stress failure. I'm going to take the 3/16" and dremel it down. Thanks!

Oh and no call back and no response to my online support ticket yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts