Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anybody knows anything about the NOTTO® SE - Complete HID Conversion Kit on CarID.com. I am lookin to put some new lights on and i like the 10000k Factory Skyline and the 15000K Infinite Blue (though i was told that if i go with the 10000k i'd be less likely to get pulled over).

also, if anybody's got a better idea, i'm open to suggestions!

NOTTO® SE - Complete HID Conversion Kit - 2010 Kia Forte HID Kit

oh, and does anybody know the bulb size i'd need? thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
get ddm tuning hid's. there good. and cheaper. H11 is the bulb type

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
oh. and also some of the people on here have had problems with carid.com

·
Registered
695 Posts
DDM is such a great company, when i had a small issue during install they were more then happy to give me a small walk through over the phone until i figured it out. Great service.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
ddm is 35$. and the replacement parts are also equally good on price

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
dd=diode dynamics. which is straight up 80$. harness is 10$ extra. and so is shipping.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well i retract my last post then, never tried them, but DDM does a lot for BMW and Porsche, with a track record like that and for the price its hard to argue with.

·
Registered
431 Posts
DDM is good, but sometimes their customer service can be painful..
Xenon conversion, Xenon conversion kit, hid ballast, bi xenon hid kits, hid xenon bulbs is the place I usually bought mine from after DDM was delaying in sending an extra pair of ballasts. But, since you are in the USA, I guess DDM would be good.

Its your choice really, and do a search on HID in the forum, you need to fabricate some things before you install, since the kits aren't completely plug n play. H11 --> H11B

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, thanks for the quick responses...didn't realize there was a separate area for this subject so i apologize. I have trouble loading pages over here. i'll check out that area and go from there...thanks guys

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yeah. ddm tuning sells there slim ballast for 35$+10$shipping. and the regular ballast are 25$+10$shipping.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, so i am going to buy the DDM Tuning set. Could somebody tell me exactly what to buy? I saw i need the relay harness, but I want to make sure i get the proper stuff. is the $35 everything i need for the HIDs to be working on my car(not including harness b/c thats not 100% necessary for HIDs to work)?

Also, as far as the "fabricating" that would need to be done to convert the H11 to the H11b, isn't that just removing a few screws or something similar. I've read the various forum posts and that seems like thats all i'd need to do and that it's easy (i hope it is, b/c i've never done anything like this)

I'm also seeing that i'll need to drill a hole in the dust cover, which seems pretty straight forward, but what exactly gets put through the hole and how what does it look like? i know there are pictures, but since i'm in afghanistan there are issues with my network and i can't see the pictures displayed in posts. if somebody could email them to me as attachments, that'd be awesome. again, i'm completely new at this and have no idea how it would be done.

and lastly, may be an even dumber question, but is it necessary to angle the new lights so they're pointed in the proper direction and not, say, up in the air?

thanks very much the the help!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
you dont have to have the harness. and there is no "fabricating" just drilling the hole in the back of the dust cover. plug everything thing up and your done. just look around the forums and you'll find the how to.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.