·
Registered
1,487 Posts
subtlestyle said most everthing I wanted too say about this

I've not had my Hid kit as long,but I'm glad I bought them

·
Registered
17 Posts
you guys apparently didnt read the daniel stern website. this guy is an expert in all things lighting. he has more experience in this area than anyone i can think of. he knows what hes talking about, but you dont want to even hear it because you dont want to give up your super k00 blue lights. and unless youve driven past your own car from another, you cant comment on the amount of glare your car may or may not produce. just because people arent flashing doesnt mean they dont see it. you arent passing the same people, they may be just ignoring it, etc.

if you wont listen to a PROFESSIONAL and EXPERT, i really dont know what else to say...

enjoy your cool blue lights. ill stay over here doing things properly, seeing better, and not blinding the piss out of everyone. ive said just about all i need to. talking to ricers about the RIGHT way to do something really is like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Lmaooooo I love rice :p expecially that cool projector headlights and fake angel eyes that they swear are maaaad jdm for your honda. Eat...sleep...and shit on them :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
Its funny how this thread went from asking for pictures to "omg whats right and wrong about the world".. Please save us the lecture, and save yourself from being flamed cause frankly no-one gives a . We all know the pros and "cons" of doing it, yet we choose to do it. Theres thousands of people who do the same, and if something goes wrong, they take their own responsibility.

As for this thread. I know OP posted in feb, but I got some pics, if hes still around :)

I have had this Kit on for 5 months now, properly aligned, stock fogs with 6000K lows.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Gsrcrxsi, people do what they want, when they want. No matter what you do or what you say, we will still have our hids. You are entitled to your opinions and we are entitled to our own.

P.S. Why do you even waste eletricity basically yelling and ranting to a crowd that could, honestly and bluntly, careless? Our money, we do what we want. K? Thnksbai.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
just because people arent flashing doesnt mean they dont see it. you arent passing the same people, they may be just ignoring it, etc.
You can speculate all you want but all I know is I used to get flashed all the time and now I don't, that's all there is to it.

if you wont listen to a PROFESSIONAL and EXPERT, i really dont know what else to say...
Professionals also say everyone should go the posted speed limits to reduce collisions and improve fuel economy. Go start a thread and debate about that all day and see how it goes. I'll guess it will go just about as well as what you're trying to do now. Save your breath here and go tune your super k00 Honda you ricer.

In other news, haven't seen your posts for a few months Main M, welcome back!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i know you guys can do what you want. i really dont care. just putting there information there so if someone with some sense stumbles in here looking to do things the right way, they can see it.

and lol @ my crx being rice. cause we all know that a full track prepped car making 215whp out of a 1.8L naturally aspirated (LOL @ your 175hp 2.4 btw) and weighing in at just over 2000lbs is sooo rice...

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
and lol @ my crx being rice. cause we all know that a full track prepped car making 215whp out of a 1.8L naturally aspirated (LOL @ your 175hp 2.4 btw) and weighing in at just over 2000lbs is sooo rice...
Yes. Thank you for admitting that.

From Urban Dictionary: "Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs..."

And LOL at how your shitty CRX looks compared to my Koup. I don't race, I just get looks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i know you guys can do what you want. i really dont care. just putting there information there so if someone with some sense stumbles in here looking to do things the right way, they can see it.

Pretty much what you did here was come in with no real experience and say "this guy is smrt cuz he says he's a pro an' you guys are dum cuz you don't do wut he sez." Really? Who are you to think you're better than anyone else here when all you're doing is regurgitating what someone far more intelligent than you or I researched, and then looking down your nose at everyone because you think you're so superior. So have you ever actually TRIED any HIDs out? Because I found that website YEARS ago and tried HIDs anyway and guess what? They're fucking AWESOME! I've used the cheapest Ebay HIDs as close to 4300- 5000K that I can find in every vehicle I've owned over the past five years (the original set I bought is still going strong!), and not once have I been flashed. Yes, I had someone drive my car behind me, coming towards me, ect, when I first tried them out because I was skeptical like you, and yeah, they're brighter, but nowhere near the level of retina melting like you and your butt- buddy make it out to be. And in motorcycles? They should be goddamn mandatory because when I finally made the switch there, I noticed people noticing me WAY more than with the halogens. That's not me trying to be kool wit ma purple 12000K bulbs... that's a safety issue, and if it keeps my ass from getting run over, then I'm all for it. The beam pattern doesn't get all retarded, either. If you look at your homeboy's studies, they're done in headlights with fresnel lenses. Yeah, with those old headlights, the HIDS do suck, but with the multi facet reflectors and clear lenses that we have in cars now, they're not nearly as bad as they would be in a housing with a parabolic reflector and fresnel lense.

So in closing, you're not speaking from actual experience... you're just chewing up and shitting out what some pro says based on tests done almost ten years ago with ancient headlight housings. Sure, there is validity to what he says, but I'd love to see some more recent tests done with modern headlight housings. We, on the other hand, speak from experience.

PS: LOL @ 215 HP from 1.8L... My work vehicle makes 470 HP from an engine that weighs 157 lb and costs $120,000 to replace (see sig). I win.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Thats cute. My ricer GT500 in the garage with ricer HID's makes 600.

Go back to your Honda forums.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't care how my crx looks. It's a race car. Not a trailer queen. Furthest ting from rice IMO. If you are going to argue that any Japanese import is rice then you really don't know what rice is.

Good job making a lot of HP out of a 5.0L v8 btw, sounds really hard... Let me know how well it turns... We all know how hard it is to press the gas pedal in a straight line lol.

Congrats on going way off topic everyone. My hat's off to you.

Oh and edit: my dad could beat up your dad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you proof read anything you post or does it just spew out of your mouth uncontrollably?

I don't care how my crx looks. It's a race car. Not a trailer queen. Furthest ting from rice IMO. If you are going to argue that any Japanese import is rice then you really don't know what rice is.
Pot, meet kettle. This is coming from the guy that called all Koup owners w/ HID's ricers then laughed at the fact that your "race car" makes 40 more HP than they do. Running 17's in the 1/4 isnt exactly a race car.
Good job making a lot of HP out of a 5.0L v8 btw, sounds really hard... Let me know how well it turns... We all know how hard it is to press the gas pedal in a straight line lol.
I never said i drag race. I thought we were all throwing out HP ratings, and since you seemed like you were swining a big dick with your 1.8L NA motor making a blistering 215HP i thought i would throw mine out there.

You might just win the award for the biggest walking advertisement for birth control i have ever seen.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Guys,

PICTURES as requested or Thread gets CLOSED

Get Back on topic people. (the topic being pictures of HIDs not HID problems, and not rice)

No more arguments, settle everything with a PM if you feel the need.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Don't look at me. I posted pics.
Not the pictures requested. YOU started the whole thing, but now is not time to put blame. You have a problem take it to a PM. Otherwise, stop posting on this thread. You DON'T have a Forte, and you don't know about FORTEs as much as we do.

So stop posting on this thread, if you have a problem with me, or anyone, discuss it in a private message. If that doesn't work, take it up with one of the MODs.

END OF DISCUSSION

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Only because you derailed it.

I really hate having to close threads because people argue needlessly.

HIDs are one of the most controversial mods out there right now and a lot of the forum members have done them (legally or otherwise) so there are plenty of threads out there discussion them. However, this thread was very specific and just requesting photos. Anyone that posted anything in here other than photos should not have. It's in the forum rules, don't thread jack. This is not the place to voice your dislike for HIDs, etc.

If anyone wants to get something off their chest then start a new thread. Don't shit all over a thread that is asking for something basic.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.