Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies to BlueThunder5 and the staff here. I think i had a slight hand, well more of a shove of that last thread going to hell. Lets see if we can do this right! :cool:

Does anyone have pics of 6000K lows with the stock fog lights on too?
I cant decide if i wanna do just the lows or both lows and fogs at the same time. so any pics would help. thanks a lot.
I would like to see all different types, still tossing the idea of the temperature i would like to buy!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I guess i'll start with KOUP pics:

5000K Lows and Fogs. Fogs look a bit bluer (kinda like 5500) but its perfect.

and here's what it looks like on the road.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great Noodile. Thanks for the pics CRX.

These (for the most part were 6K)

Noodile you now have me wanting the 5K's. They look great!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Ugh!!! (picks up gun, puts to head....pulls trigger)
If you're so annoyed by HID threads then why do you bother to open any thread that has the word HID in the title and then even go one step further by posting in it? He's requesting several pictures of HID's so he can get a better look so he can make a better decision. I'm positive there isn't any other thread about that (besides the other one he made).

BTW, everybody needs to stop bashing on the newbs and yelling at them to use the search button. The search button kind of blows on this site.

Done ranting.

First picture is of my stock lights and the second picture is 5K HID's.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I use it quite often. It's a hit and a miss. Sometimes I'll find what I need and other times I won't. Sometimes people don't correctly title a thread and sometimes the search button just misses key words.

2,213 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's about 400 pictures of HID's on the forum. I'm also pretty sure noodle made a whole sticky thread with the install and the pictures. Yet no one ever hits that poor lonely search button. And we're not yelling at the newbs, trying to get the administrators attention for sending out a welcome email to new people encouraging them to use the search button so there isn't 500 of the same posts going up each and everyday. HID, CAI, and exhaust.....top 3 subjects on this forum, and yet everyday someone comes along and asks the same question about it. Clogs the forum with useless information. I get it, people are lazy...but seriously? Come on!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's about 400 pictures of HID's on the forum. I'm also pretty sure noodle made a whole sticky thread with the install and the pictures. Yet no one ever hits that poor lonely search button. And we're not yelling at the newbs, trying to get the administrators attention for sending out a welcome email to new people encouraging them to use the search button so there isn't 500 of the same posts going up each and everyday. HID, CAI, and exhaust.....top 3 subjects on this forum, and yet everyday someone comes along and asks the same question about it. Clogs the forum with useless information. I get it, people are lazy...but seriously? Come on!
if this forum had a rep system id +1 you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I could have searched...ya. I have been apart of car forums of various kinds since 98. The best ones i still post on dont care about SEARCH BEFORE POSTING, and they dont flame those who dont. Another forum im on is exactly like here. Search Nazis

Anytime someone doesnt search (new/old) they get flammed. I guess they would rather see their traffic to the site slowed down with zero posting and more searching, rather than new conversations about the topic. I guess we could always talk about how eachothers day was?

Im sort of dumbfounded that the other thread got closed because of hijack, and im trying to make right on the OP's request and this thread is hijacked AGAIN by a senior member.

fo·rum Noun /ˈfôrəm
  • fora plural; forums plural
  • A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged
So in reality, if you would rather everyone search this should be called the fortearchive.com . In all seriousness, you knew what this thread topic was going to be before you clicked, if you can't post constructive criticism, then why post at all?

Is it really that big of a deal that another thread for a new conversation was started. Did the site really lose THAT much? If you feel like its going to waste your time, dont click, problem solved.

2,213 Posts
Thank you for the in-depth definition..... You're new, welcome!!! Now watch how annoying it gets when someone else new joins the forum, and will ask the same exact question you just did. Day after day after day after day.... I can see if it was a month that went by, and no one asked about HID's, but there is at least 5 new posts about HID's a week. So you can see our frustration. We just want people to use the search feature. Stick around long enough and you'll see it to. As far as the fortearchives, it's more like the HIDarchives. You actually posted twice about the same subject and they closed the other thread. Because people are getting tired of looking at the same thing. Please, and I'm being sincere about this, use the search button. There's actually a sticky thread about HID's that's over 10 pages long. Color, temp, which brand, and how to install. Clogging the forum with repetitive information isn't helping anyone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for the in-depth definition..... You're new, welcome!!! Now watch how annoying it gets when someone else new joins the forum, and will ask the same exact question you just did. Day after day after day after day.... I can see if it was a month that went by, and no one asked about HID's, but there is at least 5 new posts about HID's a week. So you can see our frustration. We just want people to use the search feature. Stick around long enough and you'll see it to. As far as the fortearchives, it's more like the HIDarchives. You actually posted twice about the same subject and they closed the other thread. Because people are getting tired of looking at the same thing. Please, and I'm being sincere about this, use the search button. There's actually a sticky thread about HID's that's over 10 pages long. Color, temp, which brand, and how to install. Clogging the forum with repetitive information isn't helping anyone.
I have stuck around on numerous forums with Search Nazis. It gets old and they are actually worse than the people that repost information. You are missing the whole point. YOU think its frustrating, others think of it as new conversation. Again you see the thread title, skip over it. No offense but it doesnt look like the forum is blowing the doors off its capacity at this point, never will if senior members continue to complain about searching. Its going to happen regardless.

I didnt start the other thread. I know plenty about the topic and was trying to help another member out (original OP) to get his pictures since i had a hand in getting his thread closed. So what exactly am i keeping you from by posting this thread. Did any useful information NOT get to you because of this thread? Im willing to bet no.

PS. Thanks for the tip on the search. I have actually used it at least 20 times since buying the car. (seriously) You and everyone else that bitches about this and/or flames new/old members about searching should lighten up. It really gives forums a bad taste, thats also why you have moderators and admins to remove and lock threads with no sustenance and clearly been covered.

2,213 Posts
So what youre telling me is....you posted for another member, the same thread when it would have been a lot easier to use the search button?? Lmao you should really check out the super moderator who posted on this thread.....read his signature.....that's how frustrating it gets! Okie dokie artichokie??? :) and I even gave you a smiley face cause we don't want no fighting in here. We're all buddies!! Now go put some illegal HID's on your car and if you need help....there's 50 posts about how to install them! I even did one with pictures!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So what youre telling me is....you posted for another member, the same thread when it would have been a lot easier to use the search button?? Lmao you should really check out the super moderator who posted on this thread.....read his signature.....that's how frustrating it gets! Okie dokie artichokie??? :) and I even gave you a smiley face cause we don't want no fighting in here. We're all buddies!! Now go put some illegal HID's on your car and if you need help....there's 50 posts about how to install them! I even did one with pictures!!
I wouldnt call it fighting, i would call it debating.

Yet the admin cleary didnt close the thread because the OP should have searched, but because the thread was hijacked..and now again.

I really hate having to close threads because people argue needlessly.

HIDs are one of the most controversial mods out there right now and a lot of the forum members have done them (legally or otherwise) so there are plenty of threads out there discussion them. However, this thread was very specific and just requesting photos. Anyone that posted anything in here other than photos should not have. It's in the forum rules, don't thread jack. This is not the place to voice your dislike for HIDs, etc.

If anyone wants to get something off their chest then start a new thread. Don't shit all over a thread that is asking for something basic.
Seeing that i helped get his thread closed, i thought i would make good on it (try to at least) and get another thread going for him, which has since crashed and burned. His signature can say whatever he would like, and trust me i get the search thing. However to make a big deal out of it like you have in BOTH threads is childish and almost like you are begging for Moderator status. If the admin/mod would have closed the thread stating to cleary search the forums there is no need for this, i would have never made another thread, which i think you are trending to that happening, which it didnt.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Guys,

what part of settle you issues with PM didn't you guys get in the last closed thread? seriously.

ONE MORE POST and Thread gets CLOSED, Again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts