Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut bought a set of DDM tuning HID kit.

SO today, I installed the bulb. After this on connected the ballast and used the HArness kit. SO when I star the car , NOTHHING ! I checked all the connection. Everything seems ok. I tryied without the harness kit. Nothing again. The only think that works is the day time running light, flasher works, high works ...

I bought 2 set of ballast because I want the fog to be HID so I'll try tomorow the other set of ballast.

SO what do you think guy, Is it a Harness problem, wrong connection, faulty ballast ? :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did u try switching the connections? The polarity might be switched.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I jsut tried the new ballast and I switch the plug that goes into the ballast and nothing.

I think the probelm is the bulb or the connection with the blue and black wire. that replace the plug of a H11b. I will try to switch them.

I put the blue at the bottum and black at the top like the DIY HID said. This makes me angry so badddd

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
hmm.. so even when you took out the connector in the headlight so you could stick the prongs in them it didnt work and when you tried to switch it around it didnt work either? neither of the lights turn on?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm.. so even when you took out the connector in the headlight so you could stick the prongs in them it didnt work and when you tried to switch it around it didnt work either? neither of the lights turn on?
The only thing I tried is to switch the ballast and the connecter that goes in the ballast.

The last thing I need to try is to switch the blue and black wires IN the headlight...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
if that doesn't work, put your old bulbs back in to see if they still work. if so it's something with the hid setup, if they don't it's something. a fuse maybe.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Even the OEM bulb doesn't work. It's something with the car ... I will buy new dust cap (without the 1'' hole) and go to the dealer ... Grrrrr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.