Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres tons of threads like this, but I decided to make another one, coz seriously I looked everywhere, but don't know what to do with it..

I just got my kit from DDM, and you know how you have metal leads that connect to the top of the bulb to the connector, well my bulb has wires that goes to the ballast, but instead of the metal leads , I got one thats connected to a plastic clip... So i can't clip it to our H11B connector.. :(... Solution?? :(

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
there's a screw yo uhave to take out so you can insert the metal leads into the connectors. our h11b are called snap and lights. you insert the h11b bulb and turn it and it connects. well the h11 doesnt have the same base as the h11b so you have to undo the screw that allows the black piece to come off and then you insert the "plugs"

there is a thread and i;ll find it lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have that window up... but i know what your saying.. but look at that second pic.. u see he has the metal leads.. blue and black.. I have red and black connectors.. but at the end of the connectors is a plastic clip in a case around the leads.. theres no screws where i can unscrew the cap.. :(

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know how the ballast has a set of wires coming out of the ballast, and both are not lose wires but rather encased a black plastic case... .. I have that plastic cover over my leads..

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
check out the pic.. i dont have any metal leads.. just a plastic black case

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So Im just gonna put my stocks back on and make the call back to ddm?... :(.. any other possible solution?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
when you said "at the end of the connectors is a plastic clip in a case around the leads.. theres no screws where i can unscrew the cap" i was like oh god pls dont be asking about the plastic cap over the bulb lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
id say that's the best thing to do. call them and tell them they sent the wrong bulb and they'll send you a sticker thru mail or email to put on the original box to have it mailed back or they'll jsut sent you another box that you'll put it in and send back

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im hope I dont have to pay anything more from my side,, even for shipping the bulbs back.. coz they messed up honestly.. even took them 3 weeks just to say its not on backorder... Crap service... very crap.. atleast their ballasts are tiny :).

2,213 Posts
Should have ordered from diode dynamics....tsk tsk tsk lol and they give you a 10% discount on your next order so when you order the switchback led turnsignals they're cheaper ;) lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts