Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i was going to order some HIDs from diode dynamics but i dont know which ones to get.
i assume 8000k is the brightest
i didnt know which ones to pick...i see H11b eveywhere on the forums so i guess thats the right one?
and also the relay that protects the factory wiring, i assume its a good investment?

any help would be great thanks guys!!!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The 8000K isn't the brightness, but its color. The brightness will be listed as the W, like 35W or 55W. 8000K will be blue.
http://autolumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/kelvin_color_wm.jpg

Not entirely correct. The most light output will be at 4000K-5000K. That is true white light. Anything above will have a tint of blue and go more toward the violet spectrum with higher numbers. Lower will be toward yellow. The color of the light output is measured in Kelvin. The brightness is expressed in Lumens. Do not get them confused. The higher the Kelvin DOES NOT mean more light output.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Fortelivin, if you have switchback turning signals and/or the Audi mod, 6000K from Diode Dynamics looks the best IMO. It would match with the rest of the bright white from the signals and Audi LEDs and all of it together looks nice! Yellow fogs makes it look even better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks a lot guys that really helped....i thought it was just brightness not color....im good with electronics just not lights lol.
and shaksfortesx thanks because i actually planned on doing both of those in the near future! i did a lil more research and combined it with your advice and it lokos like im goin with the 6000k thanks everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts