Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

This is my 1st time posting here actually =D
My name is Mohamed, and I'm from Egypt! I'm a proud owner of 1.6L forte sedan =D

I wanted to ask about the bulb size of the forte.. is it H7 or H11? Cuz I've read in a recent post that it was H11, on the other hand most stores here tell me it's H7.. Also, what do you think about DDM HID ? are they good ? Their price is really nice ! If not, what other brands are good ?

Another quick question.. Does any of you guys who installed HID have problems with the car's electricity ? Because I hear about people here who have their USB flash restarting when turning on their HIDs ..

Last thing.. Yellow Fogs, are there normal bulbs with the yellow color or is it only 3000k HIDS ?

Sorry for the long post, thanks :-D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey there welcome shadowdancer. Egypt, man that is awesome!!! I have the 2.4 L sedan and my bulbs were the H11's which were the low beam. I didnt use ddm and I'm not sure what ones I have:confused: but I do believe those are good hids. I have had no problems with the electricity in the car. And as you see in my avatar I have the yellow foglights. There is a company on ebay that sells just the bulbs that are tinted. Here is the listing
NOKYA 881 Hyper Yellow 2500K JDM Head/Fog Light Bulbs : eBay Motors (item 250533798298 end time Mar-20-10 02:57:31 PDT)
These are the ones. But i also have a yellow tint on my foglights that make them more yellow haha. I just like the look of yellow foglights when they were off...:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well what's the difference between H11 and H7 anyway ? Do you think both could work ?

Because I don't get why all stores here in egypt say it's H7.. Only explanation would be that 1.6L have H7 and 2.4L has H11 but that doesn't make sense cuz I think it's the same headlight..

Another explanation could be that all stores here are Dumb =D which is highly possible, lol

Thnx man for all the info :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there welcome shadowdancer. Egypt, man that is awesome!!! I have the 2.4 L sedan and my bulbs were the H11's which were the low beam. I didnt use ddm and I'm not sure what ones I have:confused: but I do believe those are good hids. I have had no problems with the electricity in the car. And as you see in my avatar I have the yellow foglights. There is a company on ebay that sells just the bulbs that are tinted. Here is the listing
NOKYA 881 Hyper Yellow 2500K JDM Head/Fog Light Bulbs : eBay Motors (item 250533798298 end time Mar-20-10 02:57:31 PDT)
These are the ones. But i also have a yellow tint on my foglights that make them more yellow haha. I just like the look of yellow foglights when they were off...:)

PS: How strong are the normal yellow fogs ? Does the light spread ? The stock fogs are really weak; sometimes I feel like they're almost not there, that's why I'm thinking of 3k HID aswell

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think....now im not positive, that the high beam is the H7's thats probalby what they are talking about. If you take off the dust cover and take the bulb out ....it will say right on the base of the bulb. And the foglights they are pretty strong, but if you really want strong than go with the hids there as well.. I just did it the cheap way and didn't want them real bright anyhow haha...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well what's the difference between H11 and H7 anyway ? Do you think both could work ?

Because I don't get why all stores here in egypt say it's H7.. Only explanation would be that 1.6L have H7 and 2.4L has H11 but that doesn't make sense cuz I think it's the same headlight..

Another explanation could be that all stores here are Dumb =D which is highly possible, lol

Thnx man for all the info :)
as I found out, not to long ago, the fortes' have some differences in other countries. we're not offered the 1.6 here in USA and Canada. You can't get the 2.4. So you may need the H7's, while we use H11's. There are alot of differences. You're best bet is to get advise from the malasian Forte owners. They have the same model as you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
mines a cerato 1.6 and it has the dim small bulb was a h1 and the normal light riding in dark as usual was a h7 , most i think h11 comes with the 2.0l

1 - 8 of 8 Posts