Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to install my HIDS last night and no luck... I bought the H11 because u cant find H11b... But how do i connect it? Do I have to cut and splice wires?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't it come with instructions?
Nope DDM tuning done give instructions.. Plus they wouldnt tell u how to convert it over.. I tried lookin at other threads and post but cant really find anything...

·
Registered
695 Posts
there are stickys for this, noodile posted a nice complilation thread to explain how to install with DDM HID. You will have to splice spade connectors and plug them in to the connectors.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are stickys for this, noodile posted a nice complilation thread to explain how to install with DDM HID. You will have to splice spade connectors and plug them in to the connectors.
Can u please sent me a link or help me find this thread =) Thanks much

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shouldnt it come plug and play if u buy the right one?
its not the right one. WE have h11b and its a h11 kit. bulb housing is the same so it fits but u have to do some kind of mod which im having trouble doing

2,213 Posts
FML X 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not mad, im just going to say this..... if you look through the sticky thread over there. theres about 45 diffrent instructions, from ddms to diodedynamics. not to sound like a a-hole, but if yoou still cant figure it out, i suggest you take it to a professional

god i hate HID posts!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well in fairness to both K.I.A. and sje0123 the DDM will plug in if you call them and let them know you need them for a h11b connector, they will cut and splice a spad connector in for you and you just plug them in and you are good. Diode Dynamics will do this for you as well. So you are basically getting the same thing. If you ordered DDM and didnt mention h11b then you are on your own to get the spades on there. Not hard but an extra step.

Please for everyone sanity no more repeat HID post, or PM someone for help. This forum is over run with them already.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
FML X 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not mad, im just going to say this..... if you look through the sticky thread over there. theres about 45 diffrent instructions, from ddms to diodedynamics. not to sound like a a-hole, but if yoou still cant figure it out, i suggest you take it to a professional

god i hate HID posts!!!!!!!!
hahaha, pretty much explains how i'm feeling

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well in fairness to both K.I.A. and sje0123 the DDM will plug in if you call them and let them know you need them for a h11b connector, they will cut and splice a spad connector in for you and you just plug them in and you are good. Diode Dynamics will do this for you as well. So you are basically getting the same thing. If you ordered DDM and didnt mention h11b then you are on your own to get the spades on there. Not hard but an extra step.

Please for everyone sanity no more repeat HID post, or PM someone for help. This forum is over run with them already.

Mine came with spades. It was literally just plug them in and go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you haven't figured it out yet sounds like you got the connectors instead of spades like i did. ALL you have to do is pull the spades out of the connectors with the appropriate force and bam just follow noodiles diy.

2,213 Posts
Justify what? That DD is a better brand then DDM? you can have the cheap crappy brand that everyone complains about how they stop working and take 7 months to deliver, and I'll have the better brand that just plugs right in and it's at my house in a week. And for dinner you can have ground beef, and I'll have a t-bone steak! One is a lot better then the other. Ya pay more for a reason.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Im sorry I wont make anymore postings... Where do i get the spades harnesS?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.