Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, just wanted to drop an update out there.
I had the "not so" notorious HID turn on/USB reset issue.
Mine has been in reverse, I had mine WITH the harness, and upon DDM suggestion I have removed the harness and the problem has gone away.

35W Raptor Kit @6000K

·
Registered
695 Posts
don't mean to sound dumb or ignorant but what is the HID USB issue? I have been on this forum for awhile dont remeber coming across this.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
don't mean to sound dumb or ignorant but what is the HID USB issue? I have been on this forum for awhile dont remeber coming across this.
I believe it's been mentioned a few times in some threads regarding HID problems. If you have a song playing via USB, the drive resets to the first song when the HIDs are switched on. It's happened to me a few times before, only while driving. I wouldn't call it "notorious"...

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh, love the forum! A post commented on for the use of an incorrect adjective!
My point being that it is known for people to have issues with HID kits w/o the use of a harness and that my problem was actually caused by the harness.

@ForteSXFan21 If using an USB drive, turning on the HID will cause it to reset and begin from the first track on the drive. Even if the Radio is on, it will switch to USB and start from the first track.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
It's actually well know enough that KGIS has a note about modifications causing electrical problems.

The example they used was aftermarket HIDs may interfere with Radio operation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How can it be fixed? Do I need to remove the hids ? Or replace with after market radio ? I'm lost and don't want to fry any of my components .please help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts