Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im making this thread to be sure of what type of HID's to buy.ive read and read but seem to be getting anywhere. i want an HID kit that is STRICTLY plug and play, no wire cutting. Any ideas on which HID kit to go with? i was thinking DDM tunings HID kit, just because ive had it before and there were no problems. stricktly plug and play. but ive heard and read of peaple having to cut wires and some that did not have to. so, please any help?

·
Registered
407 Posts
The Kia Forte uses an H11b bulb, unfortunatly there is no H11b kit available anywhere, so you have to buy an H11 kit, the only difference is the way the bulb connects to the factory harness. There is NO total Plug and play kit available, it will take some modifing to make an H11 Kit work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Kia Forte uses an H11b bulb, unfortunatly there is no H11b kit available anywhere, so you have to buy an H11 kit, the only difference is the way the bulb connects to the factory harness. There is NO total Plug and play kit available, it will take some modifing to make an H11 Kit work.

What did you have to do to maake your DDM kit to work?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had to cut the h11 plug off, and crimp on some male disconnects. I have heard that if you tell DDM that you are ordering their H11 Kit to work on an H11b setup, they will do something to the kit, im pretty sure they just dont put on the bulb connector and just leave the ends.

Here is the thread for my install.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/k...m-6000k-slim-hid-headlight-kit-completed.html

and here is another one from Kenny C.
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/457-hid-install-w-pics.html

·
Registered
407 Posts
Like I said, if you tell DDM that you are going to be using them in an H11b setup they wont put on the bulb socket and just leave the wires bare so you can stick them into the factory harness.

·
Registered
587 Posts
ive heard of forum members not having to cut any wires....
Ok..... who are these guys/gals, and why did I not pick up on it? I guess I should have paid more attention....oh well: I got mine installed.....and quite happy.

Post some pics when you have your installed Bennykins :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow... This forum is slow...
oh,this forum is high .
plug and play hid can easily to be bought.
i installed VVME hid last year for my baby car ,now it is still ok ,like a new light,i am so pround .
what type of you car light? you should know the size and search for your light.
i suggest you go to some professional shop for that .
like ebay, vvme ,and other online shop.
many brand you can chose ,but the famouse is too dear ,so you can chose fro ebay and so on .good luck to you.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey everyone, im making this thread to be sure of what type of HID's to buy.ive read and read but seem to be getting anywhere. i want an HID kit that is STRICTLY plug and play, no wire cutting. Any ideas on which HID kit to go with? i was thinking DDM tunings HID kit, just because ive had it before and there were no problems. stricktly plug and play. but ive heard and read of peaple having to cut wires and some that did not have to. so, please any help?

6000K HID Kit [6000K]
http://www.carhidkits.com/kia-400/forte-hid-kit-732/

hope that helps.
They sell conversion kits for almost everything these days. You just have to look :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.