Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi its my first post here i want to get hid's from ddm tuning and i was wondering how to get both the hi and lo beams to work. will i need a total of 4 ballast's. and will i need both the H1 light set and H11 light set and would i need the wiring harness and what wattage should i get

i was thinking about 8000k for lo and 10000k for hi... any thoughts?
also would the 35w be fine for both

·
Registered
453 Posts
hi its my first post here i want to get hid's from ddm tuning and i was wondering how to get both the hi and lo beams to work. will i need a total of 4 ballast's. and will i need both the H1 lights and H11 lights and would i need the wiring harness and what wattage should i get

yep 4 ballast and two wiring harnesses to be safe. on my lows i went with 35 watt 6000k bulbs, had em for bout 3 months now and no problems. i went with the bigger ballast set but you should go with the slims for room for the ballasts

·
Registered
288 Posts
if you want the 8k and 10k, that's all on you. I was debating between 6k and 8k but I'm glad i did the 6k. The 35w 6,000k kit is perfect for me. just a little blue.

DDM tuning said i didn't need the harness, but i bought one anyway. When i hooked up my lights without it, they wouldn't turn on. I then added the harness and they are great. I didn't do my highs because i never use them. I did install another 6k kit for my fogs and my car looks great now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had HID's on my old car and want them for the Koup. However, I had to switch my Hi beam HIDs back to regular bulb because they take so long to warm up that you can't flash your hi beams. Not that is a huge deal but you don't realize how much you do it until you can't. lol just some food for thought.

Besides why spend the extra money for Hi beams when you may use them once every few months of so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you want the 8k and 10k, that's all on you. I was debating between 6k and 8k but I'm glad i did the 6k. The 35w 6,000k kit is perfect for me. just a little blue.

DDM tuning said i didn't need the harness, but i bought one anyway. When i hooked up my lights without it, they wouldn't turn on. I then added the harness and they are great. I didn't do my highs because i never use them. I did install another 6k kit for my fogs and my car looks great now.

Did you get the fog's kit from ddm also and what kind did you use?, i've been wanting to do my fogs too but on the site they only have 880's as an option, is that the same fit as 881s?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes, except the connection didnt fit to my stock harness. Another guy on here said i must of done soemthing wrong, but it didnt fit. all i have to do was take the two wires on the replacement bulb and slide them into the stock forte harness. Snug fit, and lights went up great,

·
Registered
453 Posts
yeah i was wanting 10,000k but im so glad i went with 6000k, i kinda want the 5000k that way it looks more like "stock hid" color and yeah hi beams...dont really need/want em

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I have the 4,500K on my car and they look awesome!... wish they had 4,200k (which is the factory standard)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.