Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI HAS ANYONE INSTALLED AN HID KIT ?
I WAS READING THE MANUEL AND IT SAYS IT MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE GPS UNIT IS THIS TRUE CAUSE ID LIKE TO GET A KIT :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Maybe we need to yell it back.
SEARCH BUTTON!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Maybe I'm tired....But I am so damn annoyed with "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON"....It takes as much time to type "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON" as it does to point to a link or give someone a simple answer. BTW when you do type in something to search, a million threads come up with shit you aren't even looking for or are full of crap non related to what you're looking for.

Suburuglenn....Plenty of people on here have HID's....I am sure it's fine....I have no experience with HID's so I can't honestly help you. I am just tired of people asking simple questions and getting no help from people who have plenty of experience but act like they are too good to help....WTF is the point of the forum if you can't ask a question???

That's the end of my rant. Time to hit the sack before I offend someone... ZZZZzzzzz

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
You are right...the same questions get asked time and time again....I think it's time that allot of this stuff gets consolidated into specific categories (i.e. HID, WHEELS, CAI, EXHAUST). I know it would be a pain in the a**. I also think once a thread is dead the MOD's need to go in and remove the comments that really aren't relevant to what is being asked.

And I did a search of "HID INSTALL" and your 3 links are not the same 3 links I got...I got one for Subwoofer install, one for a 3m Mask kit for sale and yes one for HID install....just saying. Maybe I do my search different. I just hit search, type in what I am looking for, and then search...If there is a better way please let me know because I get just as frustrated hitting search as I do just asking the quesion and hoping someone with some knowledge is nice enough to give me a little info, rather than scold me like I am some 12 year old.....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Advice for HID install....use the relay harness, should solve any elecrtical problems you might have. My USB would cut out turning on my HIDs before the relay since then never.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I just use the custom google search at the top of the screen. Not sure why your results are different than mine. Is there perhaps a deeper problem with the search engine that might need tweaked? Could solve alot of problems if searching for "hid install" wouldn't return sub install as a top result.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Okay I see exactly where you are at....I have been using the search button that is near the top of the screen, right center.....I did a search using the Google search and came up with your same results....maybe that will alleviate some of the problems I have been having using search....

Of course I am still going to stay true to my feelings that we give forum members too much crap when they are asking a question....I have said it before and I will say it again, everyone is in a different situation and some people don't have access 24-7 to the internet so searching and searching sometimes wont work for everyone when they are asking questions. Some have jobs working longer hours than others, family, and more responsibilities than others. I hope we have the reasoning to understand that. I just know that if someone is bothered by a simple question, don't say anything if all you can say is "SEARCH BUTTON". You've already committed to typing something so at least say something worth mentioning. I really don't see what's so hard about making members feel welcome.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Of course I am still going to stay true to my feelings that we give forum members too much crap when they are asking a question....I have said it before and I will say it again, everyone is in a different situation and some people don't have access 24-7 to the internet so searching and searching sometimes wont work for everyone when they are asking questions. Some have jobs working longer hours than others, family, and more responsibilities than others. I hope we have the reasoning to understand that. I just know that if someone is bothered by a simple question, don't say anything if all you can say is "SEARCH BUTTON". You've already committed to typing something so at least say something worth mentioning. I really don't see what's so hard about making members feel welcome.

We do give them crap, and honestly, if you're not gonna use 2 minutes of your time to research your problem that you need help with, then don't expect us to go easy on you. Something like an HID question has alot of threads on it. Some of us even went the extras mile and researched through all these threads to make one useful thread with all the info. then went the extra mile and stickied it. so when members cant even bother looking through the stickied articles or do a 10 second search. I WILL GIVE THEM CRAP.

Use the Magical search button.

2,213 Posts
you want to know why theres so many threads popping up when you type "HID instalation" cause the same question has been asked over and over and over again! imagine if they didnt have a sticky thread? 50 posts would come up when you use the search button. asking the same questions over and over produces junk threads. useless threads about the same thing. like i said before, new members should recieve an email about using the search button, and if they still cant find what they are looking for, then feel free to ask! plain and simple! :)

2,213 Posts
dont complain about the forum... want to see some great forums, g sneak a peak at the civic forum, or the bmw one. actually go look at alot of them. this place is probably the nicest one. no one cursing each other out or threatening each others lives or saying how much your car sucks. at least we get along over here! those places are crazy! lol

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
This thread revival made me lolz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.