Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, am new to this forum i have a 2010 kia forte koup ex. Am looking to get HID's and the sweet looking SX body kit put on my EX. Now to the reason am here where can i find a HID kit, like what web site is a good site to get them from. And the body kit can kia get it in the states yet for am in oregon and well am not in canada lol.

On the HID's is it better to just get the 5k or is the 6k better.?

Thx for the help and i look forward to makeing this a sweet looking car. ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
4300k is the best for HIDs. 5000k can do fine. 6000k is border line and anything above that is useless and, IMO, looks ridiculous.

·
Registered
708 Posts
4300k is the best for HIDs. 5000k can do fine. 6000k is border line and anything above that is useless and, IMO, looks ridiculous.
i concur for the most part..

i have 6ks in mine.. (personally there isn't a HUGE difference between 4300 and 6000k to me )and unless you're doing projectors 8k or above is just dumb .. they defeat the purpose of getting HIDS (as the lumen output is decreased) and they will just be putting off more color.. which while they might look awesome to you .. are ANNOYING AS SHIT when they come at you and they're not in the proper housing.. 8k in projectors is your personal choice as it gives nice color but doesn't blind the shit out of everyone else

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
HID's from
DDMtuning.com
or
Diodedynamics.com

I prefer 5000K, i like the perfectly white light, just don't go over 6000K. 6000 is good if you want a bluish tint

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Nice, I work at the Town Center and live in Oregon City. I met a guy who says they have a big meet sometime in the Spring. Gonna be a lot of Hyundai's and Kia's there if you wanna show up. I'll PM you more about it when I know more about it.

About your questions on HID's: I went with a 5000k DDM Tuning kit and couldn't be happier. It's almost a pure white color with just a hint of blue in there. The price was really good and I haven't had any problems with them in the six or seven months I've had them.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I did this so long ago but I believe the bulb size for our lows is H11b (Can someone confirm?). Are you trying to convert to HID's for your lows, highs, fogs or all of them?

2,213 Posts
It calls for h11b, but they only sell h11's. Same bulb, don't get the high beams in. It's useless unless you drive around with your highs on all day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts