Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am against buying HID highbeams, but if you're gonna buy them, then go for 55W, because 35W doesn't make a difference. here's the pictures to prove how good they are.

The downside of 55W Highs is they take a minute or two to reach full brightness. , and you can't flash them (well shouldn't because it damages the ballasts, if you flash someone with hids, they see it, but it wont blind them. so flashing someone at a stop sign will work, but flashing someone for highbeaming you won't)

Non of the pictures have been digitally altered, the high-beams are even brighter in real life.

Notice the turn up top, you can't see it without the highs.

Pics were taken by iPhone 4.

First Picture is 35W low Beams 5000K + 35W Fog lights 5000K

Second Picture is 55W High Beams 5000K, and 35W Low beams.

Nuff Said

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have never said it wouldn't be worth it when they warmed up....I just have said that you would not be able to flash someone driving in the opposite direction. However put those 55w in your low beams....and well you would be somewhere in the middle of the 2 pics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's all great and everything, but I don't live anywhere near a country road. We have street lights over here. But I guess if you live in the middle of no where, they're a good investment

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never said it wouldn't be worth it when they warmed up....I just have said that you would not be able to flash someone driving in the opposite direction. However put those 55w in your low beams....and well you would be somewhere in the middle of the 2 pics.

I didn't mean you by the thread, sorry if you took it this way, i definitely agree 200% with you that they're usually worthless. Mine take at least 2 minutes to reach full brightness, i usually can't flash people, and whenever i turn them on on highways, i pass a car so i have to turn them back off again before theyr each their full heat. :(

and i was thinking about your plan, but i don't wanna blind people. (you said i'll get flashed constantly)

Do i recommend/advice that you buy High beam HIDs?

F*** No

Do they make me feel good about buying them only once a month?

sometimes, i do regret getting them, even though they're great.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would usually err on the side of the HID (High Beam) not being necessary but I purchased a house way out in the country and we have deer as big as Forte's out here. I would much rather see :eek: them coming than pull up on one using standard bulbs.

But for city use. Yeah totally not needed. It's illegal in TN to use your brights within city limits. My aunt was given a ticket for it :mad: they know shes old and stuff.

Glad everyone has come to an agreement though. Hug It OUT!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts