Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay before I start...Let me point out Im at work and started wondering things while looking through this site!! So I cant go outside and mess with my car.Is there a way that the Highbeams can be on but the headlights off?Let me Explain better...I have the 10K HIDs for my headlights..I wanna order somthing with a little darker "Blue" for the High beam instead of the ugly stock bulb.It looks funny when my HIDs are on then I turn on my HighbeamsBy the way I have an EX.Sorry if I confused anyone!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I might be a bit lost here.. but if your asking what I think then I have the same question..
which was

"Is there a way to run low beams and high beams together, thus no worry for bulb delay on hid?"

are we thinking the same?

·
Registered
318 Posts
that would be cool! im kinda scared to do the hid conversion....

·
Registered
695 Posts
The HID conversion isnt the scary part, when your headlights are there is no problem since they warmed up by time you are moving. What rainy is pointing out there is a delay when the high beams are kicked in due to HID warm up usually a few seconds. So there will be a breif period when you wouldn't have either lights on. Which brings to the original question, if I understand it correctly. If you have your headlights on and switch to your high beams you will be in darkness to them warm up.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to clarify and rant for a second, i feel better.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay ill try explaining again... I want my High beams to be the 12K HID kitmy low beams are 10K right now.Lets say one day I wanna ride with the 12K on with the 10K offis there a way to have the low beams off with only the high beams on?This is really hard to explain as well as understanding it haha

·
Registered
348 Posts
So instead of a four light high beam, you want ONLY the Highs on or ONLY the Lows on? Sure... it's doable (especially if you have a HID in both) but as it's been discussed on here before, HIDs for high beams are rarely a good idea.

Would require a five-post relay, with one side plumbed to the highs and one side to the lows. Another relay prior to it, triggered off the lows so the highs don't turn on all the time... yeah... it's doable. But to me this seems like a LOT of work for not much benefit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts