Kia Forte Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
nothing found on check ups ,did made an update on computer ,something about cold start,but check-engine still came on and off couple of times even coming back from dealer ,changed on premium gas,but nothing new.Didn't check the injectors...Until this coming, had used STP injector cleaners,but in this period of troubles i used WYNN'S cleaners.Came back on regular gas AND STP cleaners and after 3 weeks seems to go back on normal...somebody had issues like this?

ps: 3 times codes reading cost around 250$(only readings) ,a code reader 100-300 $,so do the math...
find a post about the throttle control ,just wait tomorrow for codes reading,last time reading was P0301 P0302 P0304(MISSFIRE) C1208 wheel speed sensor back left(left wheel speed different than right wheel speed),C1513 brake switch(a recall on it)and C2380 ABS TCS ESC ...all in 1 week...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a 2010, original owner and have put almost 80k on it. I only have had to replace the a/c compressor... Twice. All under warranty. But other than that it has been problem free.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just hit 66k in my 2014 Forte today.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Haha, looks like I win guys with 199,000 miles on my 2010 2.0 A/T 4sp :D. Replaced the pads and rotors with drilled and slotted rotors, and ceramic break pads, upgraded the battery to a bigger one that has a much high CCA rating. Just had to get both axles replaced though and had to pay 700 for that. Replaced the shocks to all kyb's at 60k. Took our the cabin airbfilter and whacked it against a tree to clean it. I hydro-locked my engine with my CAI and had my engine replaced with a refurbished one with 30k less miles on it that my insurance fully covered and I didn't even have to pay the deductible :) However I have a bunch of those annoying interior rattles, and especially when I have my 2 12in Alpine type r's going, and the doors vibrate like crazy if I have the bass up on my type R component door speakers. When I press down on my cruise control adjuster it disengages the cruise control sometimes, or it wont set the speed sometimes. I a have that annoying a/c whining noise during the summer. I had to get the ignitipon switch replaced to because the car would'nt turn off sometimes and I could take the key out of the ignition and the car would stay on and still drive.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
226000 trouble free miles now.
Nice to have someone with high mileage posting regular, periodic updates instead of just one and done. Just curious if you have any plans to do proactive maintenance on some of the things we don't normally do, such as timing chain pulleys, oil pump, fuel pump, alternator, etc. With the mileage you put on, I'd expect some of these parts to begin wearing out within the next year or so. Of course if you're planning on moving to a different vehicle that type of maintenance wouldn't make much sense unless you can DIY.

·
Registered
41 Posts
77,790 trouble free miles here! 2013 Sedan EX. Been driving this car since 73,000 after we got the wife a new one. Nothing but regular maintenance and new tires. :)

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm at 166,00 miles on my 2010 SX sedan and it runs better than the day I bought it and still looks good to with the leather and sunroof all in perfect shape.

FYI...changed original plugs at 75,000 and the Iridium center electrode NGK's type plugs were toast. gap went from .044 to .065 during that time. I do a lot of highway 75/80 mph NJ Turnpike driving everyday and it really ate those plugs up. I just installed the Denso's long life double Iridium plugs.and of course you can feel a difference due to them not being worn out.

I really don't care for the look of the newer models, hopefully they'll change in 2017...maybe ...just maybe, I'll get a new one. Also, anyone that wants to improve the handling of the car , just go buy some Michelin Pilots AS3's. They are pricey, but they are worth every dollar. As a matter of fact sear s has them on sale for $126.00 each and I'm just about due with 35,000 miles on this set and with winter coming. These are not the best in the ice and snow, so if you drive conservatively you'll make it. But what a hoot to drive with the other 99% of the time. I have Bilstein sTruts up front and KYB's in the back for shocks. Bilstein didn't make rear ones.

enjoy

·
Registered
978 Posts
Just put on Michelin Primacy MXM4's and notice a huge difference. Much smoother, grippier, and so quiet. Great investment and improvement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Almost at 110,000km with my 2012 Forte. Have had some issues including a really annoying rattle in the door that comes and goes (which makes it difficult to diagnose), exhaust rattle, stabilizer links needed replacing, rear strut leaked, and my accessory belt which I don't think was properly installed (it makes a noise when too much water splashes onto it).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my 2010 sedan in.. May of 2010. At about 135000km. So far my door rattles. Just done the rear brakes recently for the first time. Right now the only problem I have is it not starting up occasionally.

Kia has no idea, just replaced a fuel filter and that seemed like a solution for awhile. Did the spark plugs about a year ago. Always had an oil change with full synthetic as soon as the oil gets dark or when I notice a decrease in performance.

Thought it might be the immobilizer but the light never comes on when it has troubles starting. Other then that it's a great car.

Most of my mileage is pretty much from traveling from southwestern bc to northeastern bc. About 2500km round trip. Once a month for 2 years.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
... Always had an oil change with full synthetic as soon as the oil gets dark or when I notice a decrease in performance....
"a decrease in performance" - gotta say I've never seen that one before. OCIs are normally based on mileage, or time if mileage is low. Any idea of how many KM you typically go between your oil changes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Varies, 9000 - 12000. I meant it shifts a bit rough when it's getting closer to its due date.

Always noticed the shift being much smoother after an oil change, but that could be a different problem on its own.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
2010 EX Sedan here. 90,000 miles. So far, brake pads, battery and struts. Only have the oil changed every 6-7k miles and add Prolong oil treatment. I have a popping sounds from the frontend and almost sounds like something is dry. I just posted a thread about this popping sound so might get some feedback on where to look.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Over 266700 trouble free miles on my 2010 forte EX.
Replaced the brake pads fir the second time, and rotors for the first time 2 weeks ago.
Drive daily to and from work, mostly highway miles. Still average 35 mpg.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2010 Titanium SX sedan 2.4L with leather and sunroof. I'm at 192,000 miles, car still is in excellent shape. I've got new Centric rotors and Wagner thermo quiet pads for all four corners sitting on work bench ready to be installed at 200,000 miles. Could do just a pad swap...figured I do it all at once. Doesn't burn a drop of oil or leak any. It sees a 150 mile round trip a day including running 75 /80/85 mph on NJ trpk. for 20 miles each way and other 55 miles each way is on semi city roads or rural and average 30 to 34 miles per gallon depending on weather, fuel and traffic etc...It just runs and runs and runs. No complaints here at all!.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts