Kia Forte Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
150k miles 2013 koup sx. still with all original parts and brake pads. Only issue sat radio quit working. Replacing with kenwood gps receiver soon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
285,000 trouble free miles now!
Got a call from the local dealer a few months ago trying to talk me into trading in my Forte. Said they have really good trade in incentives, and lots of requests for cars just like mine.
I told him I plan to keep my car as long as I can keep it running.
I asked how many people really ask for cars with over 250,000 miles, and he hung up the phone.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My Forte just passed 308,000 miles last week. Still going strong, with no issues! Still average 34 mpg driving to and from work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Now at 316,000 miles. Still trouble free. Nothing but normal, routine maintenance. Only issue is some of the radio buttons don't work correctly after replacing the battery last week.
Mike in MN

·
Registered
149 Posts
First issue with my 2010 Forte EX yesterday :(
Alternator died on my way to work. Lights dimmed, and the red battery light came on. Made it to my parent's home, about 6 miles from where it failed. -8 degrees F. Called around, and found the only suitable alternator at any of the auto parts stores. Picked it up, and returned to my parent's. Opened the hood, and found you can barely see the alternator, much less access it. Called the local Kia dealer, and they were able to fit me into their schedule. $200 for labor (alternator was $160 from Autozone) and 2 hrs later, and my car is running strong again!
316,672 miles.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Disappointing to find out that these alternators don't last much beyond 300K miles.
Seriously? You're disappointed that a 7 year old alternator with over 300K miles died in -8 deg weather? I sure hope that was sarcasm.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm happy that the alternator was my first problem with this car. (actually the second, I had to replace the battery the previous week. Still had the original battery till then.)
I did notice that since the dealer replaced the alternator, the AC don't turn on when I select defrost. The AC indicator comes on when I push the AC button, but the AC clutch don't engage. Haven't had time in the cold to look at. Hopefully it's just a blown fuse, or the mechanic forgot to plug the AC clutch wire in when he reinstalled the compressor. (they had to remove the AC compressor to access the alternator.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like seeing this thread! My 2013 only has 56k and if I can get it to last 300k I won't need another new car for 20 years. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Now at 332,000 miles, still no issues!
Kia dealer called saying they currently have good incentives for new vehicle purchases, and they'll pay me top dollar for my car. He said they have a high demand for vehicles "Just like yours". I told him I plan to keep this car till it drops. I told him my goal was to reach at least 400,000 miles.
When I asked how many people on his list are really looking for vehicles with over 300,000 miles, he hung up on me.
Mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
Quick update.....Reached 339,000 miles yesterday. Still no issues.
Took a trip 2 weeks ago, 300 miles away and back. 35mpg there, 36.4mpg home. Averaging 34 mpg driving to and from work every day. (70 miles each way)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Got mine new in March 2011 as of now just under 40,000 miles no problems .
I thought my 41,000 mile, titanium grey, 2011 SX hatchback was low miles. You drive yours less then me!

61 - 80 of 93 Posts