Kia Forte Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2014 Kia Forte 5 EX with 104,000 miles on it. I've done regular oil change and I am about to do a major service on the car (Transmission Fluid and Coolant Change, New Spark Plugs and belts). I have really enjoyed the car. My wife and I take the car on vacations across the US and it has done well. The only problems that I have ran into was at about 80,000 miles the rear shocks were leaking and needed to be changed. I attribute this to the bad roads here in Louisiana. Also, at about 50,000 miles the rear window on the passenger side will not roll down. I have not fixed it due to me never using the window. Lastly, on our last vacation, we went to South Dakota. I was driving in Dallas and had to slam on my brakes. This caused the rotors to slightly warp resulting in bad steering wheel vibrations when braking. I had the rotors turned and no problems since. Other than that the car has been excellent. I really love my Kia. When I get a new car, I will probably go the with Sorrento.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm now at 397,700 trouble free miles! Local dealer still calls saying they'll give me top dollar trade, and that they have a list of people looking for a used Forte "just like mine". When I ask how many people are really looking for a car with over 300,000 miles, they hang up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2012 Lx has 18,012 miles on her already. Averaging 20,000 miles per year. Oouch! I need me a secondary car to try to keep my miles low. Just in case i need to take advantage of that 10 year warranty. need to save me some more cash
I have 217000 miles on my Kia Forte it's a 2010 and it has a little tap in it I put some slick 50 in there and a little bit of Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner with lubricant and it sounds much better hoping to enjoy a few more years in a couple hundred more miles

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm at 402,xxx KM and I have this issue :(.

As far as maintenance:
  • Regular oil changes (I have let the change interval pass quite a few times)
  • Brake pads and rotors on the entire car 1x, the rears 2x (for some reason the pads wore out way faster than the front ones, which I thought was strange)
  • Battery change
  • New alternator at about 390,xxx KM

37 Posts
At a Toyota dealership. Got a 2016 Corolla now. Thanks to our daughter. Our Mechanic that we have dealt with for 9 years told us to get rid of it as it was getting worse and starting to burn oil :( I forgot to mention, we were not the original owner of the Kia. And the previous owners did NOT take good care of it :(

81 - 93 of 93 Posts