Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a DIY "How To" replace the highbeams on the Forte? I looked at the connection quickly and it appears that the bulb is held in place with a bracket with two screws. Do you just remove the screws to remove the bracket and take the bulb out? Seems like it should be pretty straight forward but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the headlight, remove the clip holding the H1 bulb, change the bulb for a new one, and remount on vehicle...

No need to remove the screws that holds the clip.
So the entire headlight needs to be removed just to take out the highbeam bulb? How do you go about removing the clip if it's help on by the screws?

·
Registered
284 Posts
the high beams are held in place with clips (looks like bent paper clips).

You do not need to unscrew the clip mounts.

All you have to do is open the dust cover in your engine bay, and push down on the paper clip and move it in or outward and the clip will release the base of the bulb.

You do not need to remove the headlight assembly, can be done in 10 minutes both sides.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the high beams are held in place with clips (looks like bent paper clips).

You do not need to unscrew the clip mounts.

All you have to do is open the dust cover in your engine bay, and push down on the paper clip and move it in or outward and the clip will release the base of the bulb.

You do not need to remove the headlight assembly, can be done in 10 minutes both sides.
Sounds good. I'll give it a try again tonight. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Agree with forte333, if you have small enough hands, you can change the Highbeam bulb without removing the assembly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts