Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my 2.0 a/t koup for a week now and it's a blast, however today on the highway, noticed a slight shudder which was enhanced when i gave slight right turn input. Made no difference 3rd or 4th gear. Can't feel it below say 80 km/h. Feels like the front right wheel is about to come off, slight exageration only. I checked for stones in the tread, checked for play in the wheel but all seems good. A bit worried, looks like I will have to test Kia's claim on their extensive warranty. Any ideas what it might be?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Have had my 2.0 a/t koup for a week now and it's a blast, however today on the highway, noticed a slight shudder which was enhanced when i gave slight right turn input. Made no difference 3rd or 4th gear. Can't feel it below say 80 km/h. Feels like the front right wheel is about to come off, slight exageration only. I checked for stones in the tread, checked for play in the wheel but all seems good. A bit worried, looks like I will have to test Kia's claim on their extensive warranty. Any ideas what it might be?
Tire balance is more noticeable at higher speeds.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
could be a bubble IN the tire. when you get to higher speeds it will do that. my old mazda6 did the same thing for about 2 months and then BOOM! tire shredded on the highway at 3am. may not be the problem just a shot in the dark. maybe alignment?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the same exact thing!!! I have a 2.4 sedan though!!! it feels like the dam tire is about to fall off!!! I rotated my tires and its still doing it ....its soo bad that my radar detector bounces and the wheel vibrates like mad and my butt vibrates lol...I cant STAND IT!!! it makes me very nervous (when driving fast on the highway).....btw i brought it to the dealership twice already and they still are saying its just road vibrations....they balances all the tires the first time....still does it, than they didnt do anything the second time...im just waiting for something to happen that makes me crash so i can sew the bastards...haha, i hate this car....well not the car but kia's CRAPPY SERVICE!!! cause if you cant "Prove" it than they will never take care of it...:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem has been corrected. The people at my KIA dealer have been excellent. I brought the car in last week with just a couple days before a planned road trip from Edmonton to Penticton BC. When I arrived without notice, as the shudder was just too bad to continue, I was brought in to service where the service manager got one of the mechanics to ride with me. He new right away that the problem was the CV joint off the transaxle, or something like that. I told them my dilemma with my trip and they managed to order the part from Toronto and have it installed and ready by next day. Wow, had a great trip and the car ran beautifully. Great gas mileage as well getting about 700km to the 50 liter tank, and thats through some mountainous terrain. The mechanic said that he had the same problem with a Soul as well. Bad news about the trip, got a stonechip arggggg. Hope this helps 2.4LForteSX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts