Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

ive been lurking over these forums for a month or so now but never posted anything because i didn't even own a koup. i like the community very much, everyone is great and haven't seen any trolling (thank god)

i just took the decision to buy a koup EX with leather seats and maybe in titanium silver. I'm going over to the dealership tomorrow and try to negotiate the price and if they can throw in some extras! so wish me luck.

just wanted to introduce myself, im 22 years old, i work and study and i live in Peru :). Theres only 8 koups in the whole country atm and 8 more will arrive at the end of June, one of them will be mine!

hopefully ill be able to contribute to the forum and not only lurk around.

BTW my name is Gian Carlo, but you can call me gc.

gc

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
welcome Gian!

Good luck at the dealership!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i went to talk to the dealership guy today and he offered me a series of "extras":
security films for the windows, alarm system, rim locks, mirror locks, and the 1000 km (600 miles) service.
he told me they where extras but i dont know how the "standard" car is offered in USA or CAN, can anyone confirm this please?
thank you!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
well, i went to talk to the dealership guy today and he offered me a series of "extras":
security films for the windows, alarm system, rim locks, mirror locks, and the 1000 km (600 miles) service.
he told me they where extras but i dont know how the "standard" car is offered in USA or CAN, can anyone confirm this please?
thank you!
Security Film... do you mean window tint or the film that protects from someone breaking the glass? If it's the latter, I've never even heard of it be installed on a car in Canada. If tint, it's an extra cost normally.

Alarm System... Standard in the US, not offered in Canada, our cars have the immobilizer chip in the key.

Rim Locks... Available as an accessory for an extra cost.

Mirror Locks... Sorry, never heard of them.

1000KM (600m) Service... It's almost never mentioned in Can/US although I had mine done for sure and paid for it out of pocket.

Sounds like the dealer is offering you quite a bit of value to get your business, if you like the price he's offering I'd go for it!

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum!:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Security Film... do you mean window tint or the film that protects from someone breaking the glass? If it's the latter, I've never even heard of it be installed on a car in Canada. If tint, it's an extra cost normally.

Alarm System... Standard in the US, not offered in Canada, our cars have the immobilizer chip in the key.

Rim Locks... Available as an accessory for an extra cost.

Mirror Locks... Sorry, never heard of them.

1000KM (600m) Service... It's almost never mentioned in Can/US although I had mine done for sure and paid for it out of pocket.

Sounds like the dealer is offering you quite a bit of value to get your business, if you like the price he's offering I'd go for it!

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum!:D
thanks for the response.
"miror locks" cant translate it in english but they are for the side mirrors, here in peru people tend to steal stuff so one can never be too safe :p
i just talked to the guy and hes willing to offer everything and throw in the tint for free also. but because the police here tend to harass every tinted car, im leaving it as it is. the dealer (not drug dealer) also told me he would give me something else in exchange for tinting the windows, so im a happy guy now :)

the only bad news is that ill most probably get my car in some august becuase there is a waiting list :(. of course i wont pay until my car arrives!

i think ill just have to wait. supply to Peru sucks but i really want that car, it even comes with the SX rims, YAY!

ill start to be more active in the forums now, 2 months to go!!!!

gc

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
lol- good thing your dealer threw in the wheel locks- dont know of anyone here in the forum that wants your mirrors- but the SX wheels are a hot item here....lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
Im from Peru also and Peru its almost the same as Mexico, they will get everything they can and sell it in the black market, so every little security add on is more than welcome. About the wheel you better have those secure lug nuts because like he said ^^^ those are some hot items everywhere, tanto con en usa y en la china :p hehehe

Good luck with ur purchase!!

Btw, is there any Peruvian Kia members there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts