Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to do the Audi style headlights and was wondering if any of you found a hole in the firewall? i would prefer no damage if any... but you got to do what you have to do.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Check for clearance, and get a rubber grommet and drill a hole if one doesn't exist.
Look WAY up in the dash and look for such a grommet for factory wires b4 drilling.
While you there, might as well install a amp. Ask anyone who installed an aftermarket SUB setup?

·
Registered
576 Posts
When I installed a wiring harness for my foglights I fitted the wire through a small gromet that is already fitted near the hinge on the inside pillar of front doors. Photo1.....Or you could use door wiring harness Photo 2

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my god.......
deep breath..........
Check for clearance, and get a rubber grommet and drill a hole if one doesn't exist.
Look WAY up in the dash and look for such a grommet for factory wires b4 drilling.
While you there, might as well install a amp. Ask anyone who installed an aftermarket SUB setup?
haha coming from the guy who doesnt even own a forte?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
haha coming from the guy who doesnt even own a forte?
1. I ordered one.
2. Yeah, thats how i would look for a route though the firewall. Isn't there a audio section here? I assume most people with an amp setup went through the firewall.

And pictures FTW.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
What I have done in the past was look for a flat rubber plug covering a hole in the firewall. Puncture a hole in it and run the wires through it. Get a squeeze tube of silicone or liquid electric tape and seal it so water does not leak there into your vehicle.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am still at a loss as to why you need to go through the firewall. the headlights are already close the the battery and the fuse box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.