Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of the interior of the Koups? To me it STILL seems very plastic and cheap.. With the "attempt" to make it look classier/richer By using glossy platic on some panels.. Its early to tell but has anyone =had squeeking problems?

·
Registered
318 Posts
i love mine! its all leather and whatnot. its nice. but regardless its still just a kia

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like the interior. Compared to other cars in the segment it's nice. I'd say the only car that tops the interior of the forte is the mazda3. The civic is just poorly laid out, the corolla is too bland, the lancer just feels cheap, and the cobalt......let's not even go there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
after coming from the Cobalt to a Koup, the Koup is WAYYYYY nicer. However I have noticed some 'squeaks' here and there, but nothing that I don't think any car in this class would have. I don't know why everyone (reviews mostly) harp on the interior, I think it is nicely laid out, looks good and is made out of descent plastics. For this price range I think its more than adequate.

·
Registered
316 Posts
One gripe i do have with the interior is with the red/black display. It's not shaded and during a sunny day it's hard to see. I didnt notice on my first test drive because it was raining but today it couldn't even see the display

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I think its very nice, Much nicer then most of the cars in it's class.
Makes the honda look like a trash bucket IMO!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think the interior is pretty decent... I have noticed some squeaks... my biggest piss off would have to be the plastic on the tops of the door panels and even the plastic around the ignition... i've had my car for a little more then 3 months and already have scratches from the seat belts on the door panels and around the ignition from my keys....
I've tried to find a oil type wipe or something that I could use on the plastic to kind of "buff" out the scratches but have had no luck...
But again for the car in it's class I think they did a pretty damn good job!

·
Registered
48 Posts
One gripe i do have with the interior is with the red/black display. It's not shaded and during a sunny day it's hard to see. I didnt notice on my first test drive because it was raining but today it couldn't even see the display
do u know u can increase the brightness of these displays? maybe that's the reason y u can't see them... they're pretty much shaded in my opinion...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like the interior. Compared to other cars in the segment it's nice. I'd say the only car that tops the interior of the forte is the mazda3. The civic is just poorly laid out, the corolla is too bland, the lancer just feels cheap, and the cobalt......let's not even go there.
haha yea the interior in my balt feels and sounds rather cheap...
it really doesnt look too bad it just makes alot of noise when you go over bumps.
luckily im more of a more go and less show type of guy so it doesnt bother me too much.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kia actually upgraded the interior on this car from the original production. There is soft touch on parts of the dash. Not even the new top of the line camaro has that. I think they also added something to the door panels. I actually put a dash kit on my Koup that is black zebrawood, and it turned out great. I have had nothing but compliments, not only from my passangers but the Kia dealership as well. I need to post some pictures.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I really like the interior of my Forte (Koup). It's cheap, but they didn't try to disguise it, and so it looks nice for a cheap car without being tacky or goofy looking.

If you want to see a shameful interior: My roommate is looking for a new car; a few days ago we went and drove a Ford Fiesta with all the options, and a sticker price about $500 higher than my SX Koup.

The interior of the fiesta was funny looking, controls were almost impossible to understand. They tried to make it look "nice" but use *really* cheap materials. It was horrible, go drive that car for 5 minutes and then hop back in your Forte... after driving it my roommate just said "I should probably just go get a Forte."

(while the interior of the Festa is shameful, the exterior is pretty nice. Engine is weeeeeaaaak)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I really like the interior of my Forte (Koup). It's cheap, but they didn't try to disguise it, and so it looks nice for a cheap car without being tacky or goofy looking.

If you want to see a shameful interior: My roommate is looking for a new car; a few days ago we went and drove a Ford Fiesta with all the options, and a sticker price about $500 higher than my SX Koup.

The interior of the fiesta was funny looking, controls were almost impossible to understand. They tried to make it look "nice" but use *really* cheap materials. It was horrible, go drive that car for 5 minutes and then hop back in your Forte... after driving it my roommate just said "I should probably just go get a Forte."

(while the interior of the Festa is shameful, the exterior is pretty nice. Engine is weeeeeaaaak)
Thanks for that, i considered the fiesta for a little bit. Kind of the same feeling with the forte....not a whole lot of them on the road. I was concerned about the power though, seeing as how i have 1.5l in my Rio now, jumping up to a 1.6 in a ford isn't exactly upgrading.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i guess i am lucky that i went from a 95 pont grand am w/cloth interior to this Koup SX w/leather.
things i've noticed-
-the so called cheap plastic over at the windowsill- well- as someone that likes to drive w/the window open and arm propped up there- i dont have to worry about it wearing away like what happened on the grnd am.
-the glossy black curved center section of the dash takes getting used to seeing trees fly by as you drive under them
-layout?= i love everything about the layout- i can reach everything and everything feels like it should be where it is found.....
-the red/black display- hahaha- i gotta say- at night i actually have to turn the guages way down due to the limo tint i have all around. during the day- crank it up and its sweet!
-leather vs plastic-- i wish i knew exactly what parts are leather vs pleather so when i start w/the conditioning of the leather- i treat the right parts.......ie- center console lid? leather/not? parts of the door panels? and if all that is leather is the seats- what is proper treatments for the "soft" parts mentioned?
but all in all- i love the interior of my SX - about the only complaint i have are the headrests in back seat blocking sight line- and the size of the rear view mirror- seems a bit small - oh yeah- and one other thing- the outside mirrors- i dont know what is up with them but they seem to cover a smaller view of angle than the gran am- (and i have a hard time seeing the ground behind me when i try to back up into parking space at work next to curbs)

·
Registered
318 Posts
and one other thing- the outside mirrors- i dont know what is up with them but they seem to cover a smaller view of angle than the gran am- (and i have a hard time seeing the ground behind me when i try to back up into parking space at work next to curbs)
agreed on this one haha

·
Registered
708 Posts
as people said.. compared to it's class. the koup has a VERY nice interior i was thoroughly impressed

·
Registered
233 Posts
Love the interior- very nicely laid out. I hope some folks weren't expecting a Lexus like experience tho.

Personally I think the new Comaro interior is very cheap looking.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agreed.

Other than that though, the interior looks nice for the price of the car. I know some people complain about scratching the plastic but you just have to be careful with it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I had a cobalt and the interior of the forte is miles ahead when it comes to quality and overall layout. My only gripe is an option that gave us more control of the backlight, maybe a contrast and brightness, or better yet an option to change the color.

·
Registered
427 Posts
What do you think of the interior of the Koups? To me it STILL seems very plastic and cheap.. With the "attempt" to make it look classier/richer By using glossy platic on some panels.. Its early to tell but has anyone =had squeeking problems?
I like my dash board alot! If you dont, you can always get a kit to change the plastics, to say, brushed aluminum or carbon fiber. However, when I go over uneven driving surfaces, I sometimes hear a click-creaking sound from the plastics and frame above the passenger window. Ill find out why that is, and get back to you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.