Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the pictures on the Canadian and US KIA sites, the Hood Deflector is different on either side of the border. Attached are pictures of the hood deflector from the Canadian and US sites.

Can anyone confirm that they are really different or is the US getting the same larger one that we get here in Canada.

Thanks.

Canadian Deflector

US Deflector

·
Administrator
1,191 Posts
That is really odd, good eye. I am not sure if it is true or not. Perhaps a designer having some photoshop fun?

Nadeem

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is really odd, good eye. I am not sure if it is true or not. Perhaps a designer having some photoshop fun?

Nadeem
I don't think so, these are the images right from KIA's websites in Canada and the US. I've seen a picture on the Forums of a fellow's car in Canada and defiantly has the one shown on the Canadian website. I was just curious if anyone in the US has purchased a rock guard and could post a picture to confirm the appearance.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
FYI,

Kia Canada and Kia US have different accesory manufacturors. This is due to each country having different "needs" when it comes to their markets. Sometimes they are the same, which might be the case for the spoiler. So Kia Canada or Kia US may buy the plans to build it from the other office, and then farm out the work to a company in their country. (Kia gets all their plastics from one company, and their vinyl decals from another.) I've personally met one of Kia Canada's accessory division's designers, and he's a great guy and very receptive to feedback.

Darryl

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
BigE (off topic) have you seen the new rear bumper protector on the Kia.ca site? Can't find it on the USA sites. Price is not bad...haven't seen one in pictures other than the Kia.ca site to get an idea if it would look good.

See if this works (scroll down):
2010 Forte Accessories#

·
Registered
142 Posts
BigE (off topic) have you seen the new rear bumper protector on the Kia.ca site? Can't find it on the USA sites. Price is not bad...haven't seen one in pictures other than the Kia.ca site to get an idea if it would look good.

See if this works (scroll down):
2010 Forte Accessories#
That protector is on my wife's car as well as the hood deflector , came with the deal . The windows are tinted and ordered the chrome trim for the fogs , tails & mirrors and a SLi emblem .

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
That protector is on my wife's car as well as the hood deflector , came with the deal . The windows are tinted and ordered the chrome trim for the fogs , tails & mirrors and a SLi emblem .
Is the rear protector a plastic piece that is attached with the bumper/fascia retainers or is it a vinyl sheet that is glued on?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the rear protector a plastic piece that is attached with the bumper/fascia retainers or is it a vinyl sheet that is glued on?

Thanks.
Looking at the picture, it seems to be a black plastic piece that is stuck on with 3M tape. I had something similar on my '05 Neon. When I had the Clear Mask installed on my Forte, it included not only the front bumper but also the head lights, mirrors and trunk lip so I'm already covered.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
how does one post pics, My hood deflector looks nothing like the ones pictured.

I puchased mine from our dealer in the U.S.
When you post a reply scroll down to 'Additional Options' box and look for the 'Manage Attachments'. Click on this button and a new window will open. In the new window click on 'Choose Picture' and find the picture you want to upload on your hard drive. Once you've added it click on the 'Upload' button on the lower right and then close the window. When you submit your reply it should show up in your post :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
According to the Kia Acc. brochure, what I have is the mask at least thats what its listed in the book.

I thought a mask covered the complete front of the car with the proper openings and it was made of a soft material

·
Registered
142 Posts

Thanks.
It's a black vinyl/rubber self adhesive overlay , textured surface with 'Forte' subtely(sp) embossed . It protects the top of the bumper right where i throw my hockey bag or golf clubs into the trunk and tend to leave scratch or rub marks in the paint .
I'll try to get a close-up picture of it tomorrow and post it .

·
Registered
142 Posts
According to the Kia Acc. brochure, what I have is the mask at least thats what its listed in the book.

I thought a mask covered the complete front of the car with the proper openings and it was made of a soft material
I think you are referring to a Bra , something like this :

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's a black vinyl/rubber self adhesive overlay , textured surface with 'Forte' subtely(sp) embossed . It protects the top of the bumper right where i throw my hockey bag or golf clubs into the trunk and tend to leave scratch or rub marks in the paint .
I'll try to get a close-up picture of it tomorrow and post it .

Sorry , the car is just too dirty to get a decent photo , roads are a bloody mess . Maybe by July or so , crap ! By then i should be able to get the snow tires off , clean it and install some of the stuff i'm accumulating .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts