Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Canada and drive a EX Koup. I have it since 1 month and a half and love it, but not its horn.

I have 2 issues with the horn:
1. I don't like the sound it makes: high-pitch queezy noize, donkey-like.
2. Perhaps I am not used to it still, but I lack appropriate honking timing. I keep hitting the center of the wheel, but need to be more precise hitting the edge...

Can I change my horn? It is costly? What do you people think of it?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah, I was at the Toronto meet a couple of weeks ago. I stood on the curb as everyone drove up honking their horns and the first thought that crossed my mind was 'I gotta replace my horn!'

Most stock horns are too wimpy - more like 'Excuse me' than 'Move it, A**hole!!'

I rarely ever hit my horn, but if someone doesn't see me and is moving into my lane I want a horn that peels paint off at 20 feet.

Looking for a horn recommendation myself, hopefully a relatively simple exchange with the stock one.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I agree and it's funny this came up now, not an hour ago I was youtubing different horns to replace my stock ones. I'm trying to decide between a couple of PIAA Sport Horns, the 400/500hz or the Bass set 330/400hz. I think I like the bass set the most. They also do a 500/60hz set but I like low frequencys like the older cars.

I find the Hellas too tinny for me.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya, i agree. there have been sooo many times ive wanted to hit the horn but i cant... and the reason i cant is because ima guy and i want to cherish the little dignity i have left and the sound that horn makes would totally deminish anything i had left. lol now, im not going to spend money to change the horn, unless i move to NY

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks BigE for the ebay and youtube links. After listening to some others on ebay, and rubbing my hands in glee over the 'train horns' :), I exercised some discretion and ordered the PIAA 330/400 Bass set.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Thanks BigE for the ebay and youtube links. After listening to some others on ebay, and rubbing my hands in glee over the 'train horns' :), I exercised some discretion and ordered the PIAA 330/400 Bass set.
No Problem. That's the set that I think I'll be going with too.

BTW you must have your windshield by now?

·
Registered
511 Posts
BTW you must have your windshield by now?
Would you believe I just got it Friday afternoon (two days ago)? A little over two weeks in total. Oh well, I feel like I just got a new car again, since I only had the car three weeks before it went in.

Though it wasn't the dealer's fault they gave it a free detailing. Sure looked good sitting there gleaming in the sun when I went to pick it up.

I have the SXR rear spoiler, Eibach springs, and now the horns all on order. Just my luck they will all arrive at the same time and I won't know what to do first. I may be 66 years old on the outside but at the max only about 28 on the inside. Your signature has it right. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
LMFAO!! i laugh because they got me once

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Is there any law against how loud you can actually go? That was a funny vid but has to be damaging to the ears.

·
Registered
30 Posts
WOW, you beat me to it.. i was gonna post a link to that site. My wife thinks i'm crazy, i laugh uncontrollably at their videos.
yes, there are laws about how many Db you can have. there is an installer near me. it's soo tempting, lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts