Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the TK cat back exhaust with SOLO's high flow cat and it does sound nice but its not EXACTLY what im looking for sound-wise. Its a little higher in pitch then I want it and a bit whiney. Is there anything I can do to deepen it without losing the power from the high flow cat?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Unless I have to remove the high flow cat? (obviously losing power that way) Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
How do you figure you will lose power removing the High Flow Cat? You will only lose power if adding something more restrictive.

As far as deepening the sound you could add a resonator but that will just make it quieter and add something in line. It's a small 4cyl car. You aren't going to get a V8 growl out of it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Throw in a bigger engine ;)

The only 4 cylinders that really sound good in my opinion are flat fours, so I won't be doing anything to make it louder than stock.

·
Registered
695 Posts
it wouldnt add much horsepower or lose any since you are trading it for a different high flow cat, but the design of the system was created by two different manufactures and that can change the sound of the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts