Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to get aftermarket parts to make my ride softer.
I drive a Forte sedan ex. 5 speed manual.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bumpy ride on an EX? I wonder what you were driving before. I find the suspension and ride above average and only the harshest of bumps make it through to the interior, and are really heard more than felt.

Check your tire psi to make sure they're not overinflated. They should be at 32 front and rear. Mine came from the dealer lot at 45!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My EX rides much softer than my 07 Pontiac Wave on rough roads and a little firmer than my mom's station wagon. I find it juuust right.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeh, the ride quality is fine, especially on the EX and LX models. It's a small car that weighs 2700 lbs. It's not going to ride like a 4000 lb Cadillac.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quite an odd question considering the forte sedan and koup alike are supposed to be sporty little rides, not stiff old heavy tanks. I hope that you have considered that in many places right now the roads are just plain CRAP and have been thru a winter from hell. I do not know where you live but have you taken into consideration the conditions of your roads as well as the way you drive. Unless your second car is a Mercedes or Bentley, I don't see any issues with the forte's ride and dont see how you can be disappointed enough in it to complain about it. But Hell, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you still don't like the ride of your forte here is a link to a soundproofing kit that will limit outside rattling and noises:

Shark Racing

Considering the reality is either your roads are bad or your driving to aggressively, this kit will at least take care of the first reason. I cant help you on the later.

·
Registered
746 Posts
pere, where are you located? you had mentioned in another post in January that you had "bumpy ride". no difference? did you take it to dealer?

·
Registered
109 Posts
you know how you can improve it... drive an SX for a few days then go back to the EX or LX. Enjoy... ride quality is improved. :)

LOL

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
you know how you can improve it... drive an SX for a few days then go back to the EX or LX. Enjoy... ride quality is improved. :)

LOL

Lol. I second that. Test drove the ex & lx... Comfy... Bought the sx.... Bumpy... Lol.

Still love it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well personally i find that my ex has a smooth ride until you hit uneven surfaces then the tortion bar rear suspention is a little t rough for my liking

·
Registered
576 Posts
The EX are a bit bumpy on rough roads but just the rear end, I did notice mine rode better with a little bit of weight in the trunk. You could throw in a few bags of cement and try

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought my EX was a bit bumpy on rough roads also, after a few weeks and a little research, I changed out the factory craptires. It's like another car with improved handling....best change I have done so far.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I thought my EX was a bit bumpy on rough roads also, after a few weeks and a little research, I changed out the factory craptires. It's like another car with improved handling....best change I have done so far.

I was going to say something like that.. also if you really wanted if you went with a smaller wheel.. with more rubber on the tire it might ride alittle softer but not handle as well.. your call man:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
my biggest issue with the suspension on my EX is that when I am in an extended curve, for instance, on a freeway interchange or on-ramp, where I am turning the wheel for a prolonged period, if I hit a bump, like the expansion joint in the concrete, the car will "bounce" and I feel like the steering becomes really sensitive, almost as if the electronic steering assist puts too much assist. other than that, in construction areas, I do notice that the EX does seem a bit harsh, but only because my expectations are very high.

ForteKnight has a good point that the Kumho tires that came with my car are not the best in terms of performance and would bet i could gain a lot from switching out the Korean rubber for some BFG or Goodyear tires.

·
Registered
188 Posts
From what I've heard getting a rear lower strut bar will eliminate the car jumping in the rear while going around turns.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts