Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many Fortes are made like mine? I presume not many are shipped over here with the 6 speed manual due to the hatred in this country of manual transmissions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea almost every nice sports car is auto now or the shitty paddle shifting lol but i also have the sedan 6spd

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the Blue 6 speed manual, love the car now that the first gear issue has been fixed. No stalling at all now! Plus milage is better getting around 7.1l\100km

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The acelerator pedal causing 1st gear starts to be a pain?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
looking at this thread makes me think there is serval 6spd cars.
I'm going on a limb and I'm going to say steveg was talking about the throttle mod yes?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes rainy, i was talking about the throttle mod. it helps quite a bit

·
Registered
348 Posts
When we ordered our first Fortes there was an error in the order codes, or something like that, and we ended up with almost 100% manual cars. Had at least a half-dozen SX sedan stick shifts sitting on the lot all summer long, and finally we're down to the last one. They are out there... lurking...

I would have gone with a stick, but I'm getting lazy in my older age... it's just not as 'fun' anymore.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
When we ordered our first Fortes there was an error in the order codes, or something like that, and we ended up with almost 100% manual cars. Had at least a half-dozen SX sedan stick shifts sitting on the lot all summer long, and finally we're down to the last one. They are out there... lurking...

I would have gone with a stick, but I'm getting lazy in my older age... it's just not as 'fun' anymore.
Local dealer has a number of manual cars on the lot...sold most of the auto cars. It's not about "hating" manuals...people are opting for comfort and ease of driving...besides, it appears to be a lot easier texting with the auto than with the manual considering how many people I see on the cell phone while driving...LoL!

·
Registered
215 Posts
My dealer's sales person told me that they stock less than 5% in manual ( 1 in 20) and most of the manuals are Koups. 6spd SX sedans are rare.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My dealer's sales person told me that they stock less than 5% in manual ( 1 in 20) and most of the manuals are Koups. 6spd SX sedans are rare.
That was the first car I drove I liked it, black on black like my koup :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.