Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i want to know how some of you guys clean your car

For outside, what do you use?
what kind of cleaning brand do you use?
do you use wax? if so what kind?
what do you use to clean the rims?
what do you use to clean it? a towel or sponge?
how do you dry it?, towel? let it sit in the sun?

for interior
what do you use to clean your seats?
what do you use to clean your plastics?

oh and for my main question

what do you use to clean the piano black finish without leaving a scratch
AND
if there is slight light scratches is there a way to get rid of them? my mom was cleaning it cause there was dust, and now there is scratches :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use a wax and soap mixture diluted in water, Then I rub it with a microfiber car wash mitten. Then i dry well with a good chamois. I apply 24 karats shampoo wax (Bubble gum smell .. huumm Loll) and remove it with soft and silky rag. I apply armor all wheel cleaner, wheel protectant and tire polish and shine. GREAT RESULT :O

Interior just done by a mild soapy water !

·
Registered
436 Posts
Car body: Megiuars Gold Class car wash, warm water, microfiber wash mitt.

Westley's Bleche White sprayed inside the fender wells to get all the road grime out (I hate filthy fender wells). Simple green on tires and wheels, washed with a seperate mitt that doesn't go in the wash bucket.

Dried with microfiber towels. Water blown out of crevices with compressed air, wiped down again.

Wax: Mother's Synwax applied with random orbital and soft pad. Removed with microfiber towels. AutoMagic #15 applied with random orbital, removed with microfiber towels.

Rubber trim, door / trunk / hood seals: Armor All, until I find a source for 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Tires: Black Magic Foam

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Drive it through my local touchless car wash with the works applied then use microfiber cloth to dry it.
Megiuars tire coating occasionally.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I don't get too crazy with it, I love my Koup but it aint a show car (Although it was showcased along with Dvipercop's ride at an event a few days ago). I just take it through a touchless car wash and dry it down with some microfiber cloths like Mfury said.

I have some Meguiars tire shine and wheel cleaner for that portion. Some ArmorAll protectant wipes for the interior and I took the microfiber cloth that came with my TV to wipe down the black piano finish. I have a scratch too but haven't looked yet for a solution in fixing it. :confused:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Suppose a small amount wouldn't do much but mequiar's/zaino/etc all recommend washing with Dawn first to strip off any pre-existing wax.

As long as water still beads up nicely rather than sheeting you're good though.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I don't get too crazy with it, I love my Koup but it aint a show car (Although it was showcased along with Dvipercop's ride at an event a few days ago). I just take it through a touchless car wash and dry it down with some microfiber cloths like Mfury said.

I have some Meguiars tire shine and wheel cleaner for that portion. Some ArmorAll protectant wipes for the interior and I took the microfiber cloth that came with my TV to wipe down the black piano finish. I have a scratch too but haven't looked yet for a solution in fixing it. :confused:

as for the scratch i live by ICE clay bar.... it works amazingly.... i bought mine at autozone... its a spray bottle and the clay bar... works lik a dream

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i bought the ICE package which comes with like a clay bar 2 microfiber cloths interior and exterior cleaning some car wash stuff, i also bought ice wax, im going to give it a try on saturday most likely,

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
as for the scratch i live by ICE clay bar.... it works amazingly.... i bought mine at autozone... its a spray bottle and the clay bar... works lik a dream
Thanks, I'm gonna have to try that. So you think if I just go with the spray form and wipe it down that it might work? Or should I get the clay bar too?

·
Registered
519 Posts
i would definitely get the clay bar because the clay is what fills the scratch

·
Registered
436 Posts
Waxes, sealers & glazes fill scratches and reduce their visual impact temporarily. The only way to truly 'take care of' a scratch is to remove it with the use of polishes and polishing pads. Light scratches can be eliminated with the right products applied with a GOOD QUALITY random orbital buffer - one that is TRULY random orbital and has variable speed control. The depth of the scratch dictates how strong the polish & pad needs to be. Most scratches you get from washing, drying, dusting, etc. can be taken care of by a medium cutting pad and a light swirl remover. Deeper scratches, like from zippers, jeans, etc need more aggressive products and time. The really nasty ones require a rotary buffer, which is definitely not for inexperienced users. Anything that a rotary buffer and compound can't remove need to be wet sanded and buffed. Anything worse than that needs a re-paint.

·
Registered
519 Posts
here are some pics i took just today

worked good for me... im saying its permanent but iv used it before and have yet to have a scratch come back..

·
Registered
641 Posts
Perhaps what you thought was a scratch was really a mark of some sort. Claybars remove things so you have a smooth finish, they don't fill in scratches.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts