Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the HID kit 881 for the fog lights this friday, just to practice, i took off the headlight, and reached down, and i can fully unclip the power to the Fog light Bulb, however, i couldn't take it out. Are there any screws, or is it just a twist to take off, i tried to twist it but couldn't. Also, is there any other easy way to get to the fog lights that doesn't involve taking off the bumper?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Splash guards? by that do you mean the inside of the wheel well? or do you mean the little piece of plastic between the bumper and the wheels well? and how do you take it off?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
If you look under your car directly under your fogs you will see plastic with 2 screws. If you put the car up on ramps
Or jack stands you can simply unscrew them and bend then out of the way and you can easily grasp the plug and bulb

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot, i'll keep you posted when i do it. Unfortunately, i am installing my HID's in 2 steps, first the fogs on saturday, and then the Highs and lows on tuesday (when i get my new headlight)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
hey beast...which kit did u end up buying for your hi's and lows? did you buy the HID harness for all 3? also, i saw in another thread that some1 was not planning on using the HIDs to replace the HI's b/c it takes a while for the HI's to heat up so it would kind of be pointless. I know nothing about lighting, but is this something you're worried about?

are you planning on doing anything for the fog light housing to try and let it vent, as i've read the HIDs can put off some serious heat? i'm assuming that drilling a small hole in the dust cover for the headlights is enough of a vent?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I went with ddm 6000k h11 35w for my lows and 881 for my fogs. No need to vent them if you go 35w at least I don't think. I didn't do my HIs. No point

Used a harness for my lows only

·
Registered
427 Posts
I went with ddm 6000k h11 35w for my lows and 881 for my fogs. No need to vent them if you go 35w at least I don't think. I didn't do my HIs. No point

Used a harness for my lows only
No harness for fogs? Hmm... and you swore by the harnesses.... fishy!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
No harness for fogs? Hmm... and you swore by the harnesses.... fishy!
I never swore by it. Just stated that you bypass the cars stock wiring/power when you use the harness. If you read my other post you see I bought one and will eventually hook it up... I was being lazy that day. I didn't feel like running the harness wires along the bottom that day. Especially since I had to build my own ramps since my car is lowered and couldn't get it on ramps.

I'm just here trying to help.

I still believe a harness is the way to go and again others will argue that and say it's not needed and our stock wires can handle the 35w.

Just my opinion.

:p

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I am getting the HID kit 881 for the fog lights this friday, just to practice, i took off the headlight, and reached down, and i can fully unclip the power to the Fog light Bulb, however, i couldn't take it out. Are there any screws, or is it just a twist to take off, i tried to twist it but couldn't. Also, is there any other easy way to get to the fog lights that doesn't involve taking off the bumper?
Take the power connector off, then just twist it. It wont twist with the connector still on. Just look in the front of the foglight assembly to see which way to turn it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts