Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
So nobody on this site has a custom high output ALTERNATOR for their system????Not one guy on here???

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I have the stock alternator in my car and have been running the following for over 3 years now with no issues.

Cache coe6
Rockford Fosgate Power 851X 4 channel amp (110WRMS each channel)
Rockford Fosgate Power 1001bd (1000WRMS @ 2ohm)
Infinity Reference 6030cs
Infinity Reference 6032cf
Ballistix Sound Deadening
Alpine Type-R 10" sub SWR-10D4 (custom fibreglass box) SPL'd @ 131.9db
2 Farad Raptor Capacitor
4 gauge wiring
So thats a total of 1440 watts RMS continuous power right???? My system willl be like 1200 watts total @ 1 ohm for my mono amp.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I have the stock alternator in my car and have been running the following for over 3 years now with no issues.

Cache coe6
2 Farad Raptor Capacitor
4 gauge wiring

Are you using the stock battery??? or upgraded one???

Discussion starter · #26 ·
anyone else running 2 amps???If so, how many watts are you running. at what ohms??

^ I believe the big 3 is the battery to chassis ground, engine block to chassis ground and the battery to alternator power wire. That's how I've known them anyway and have been into car audio since I attended my first IASCA competition in 1990.

Do those upgrades with min. 4 AWG wire and your electrical system will be happy.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
anybody else running two amps??? how much watts are you running RMS continous power??? at which ohms?? I'm interested in running 1900 watts RMS. But i dont know if the stock alternator can handle it. Anyone running close to 1900 watts continuos power???

^ I believe the big 3 is the battery to chassis ground, engine block to chassis ground and the battery to alternator power wire. That's how I've known them anyway and have been into car audio since I attended my first IASCA competition in 1990.

Do those upgrades with min. 4 AWG wire and your electrical system will be happy.
This got me thinking about doing this upgrade. Ive never done it in the past. Just heard about it. I went ahead and used some left over 4gauge wire from my amp kit and did the extra battery ground and engine ground. I cant see where the battery connects to the alternator. Again, my first time trying this. Can anybody help me on this?? Im in a 2nd gen.

im running a big amp 5000w rms it demands a ton of power 2 guage wire 2 farad cap and i deffinatly have a few issues with the alternator. I have upgraded the big 3, still get terrible headlight flash at night. its way beyond the headlights dimming the basicly flash if i have the tunes cranked. voltage when the car is running at 2500 rpm drops from 14v to just barely 10v. with lights and other voltage useing stuff off, havent checked with lights and such on, but it is bad enough at night that if you have music cranked headlights on, rear defrost and seat heat on the battery charge light comes on and because our cars are drive by wire the cars engine actually looses throttle when the bass hits. Now im still running the oem battery but tested a yellow top in and had the same issue.

so thats my story, basicly Ive come to the conclusion that i need to find a bigger amperage alternator. but that said Im still havent fried my alt its put up with 4 years of abuse so far.

i am running 2 amps and jbl ms8 DSP on stock battery and alt running about 850wrms - No issues

1st Amp - MB Quart OA800.4 - 100x4 @ 4ohms
2nd Amp - MB Quart OA600.4 - 75x4 @ 4ohms

DSP - JBL MS-8 running 8 channels

Front Stage
Amp 1 - CDT HD-6 (midbass @ 100wrms x2)
Amp 2 - CDT HD-3 + CDT DRT 26 (Mid range + Tweets - Passive @ 75wrms x2)

Center Stage
Amp 2 - CDT HD-3 + CDT HD100 (Passive @ 75wrms x1)

Rear Stage - Kenwood KFC 1665r (Powered by JBL MS-8) at around 22wrms

Sub Stage
Amp 1 - Sundown E12D2 v2 (400wrms Bridged)

Hello. I was interested in getting more bass to my ride. I was looking on a 2000 watta mono amp with some new subs. But i was told from my local stereo shop that my current stock alternator could not handle the power. Does anyone know how many amps our stock alternator puts out??? I was thinking 110 amps or so??? I am not sure. The guy at the shop said that i could damage my alternator if i went ahead with the install. I was going to run rockford fosgate Punch P3 subs @ 1 ohm mono. Yes my amp can run safely @ 1 ohm. Darn it!! I wanted to do this, but i was told that if i wanted more bass, that i would need to buy a high output alternator and that would cost me between 400-600 dollars. wow!! Thats alot of money. I was wondering is anyone out there running a 1000 watts RMS @ 1 ohm mono??? Rightnow i am only able to run 500 watts RMS mono @ 2 ohms. If you do have a high output alternator, where did you buy yours at???? I was told that if i had a V8 engine that it would be fine to run a 1000 watts RMS. Its because my 2012 Forte LX is a 4 cylinder and the stock alternator is not adequate. I am curious to know how many watts you guys are running in your cars??? I am currently running 2 amplifiers. One for bass, and the other for mids and highs. How many people here have upgraded alternators??? Please chime in
Lol I am running a 4000 watt rms on my stock alt and I mean yea the lights dim everytime the bass hits but once I get a second battery it shouldn’t do that, so take the cheaper option and just grab a yellow top

Hello. I was interested in getting more bass to my ride. I was looking on a 2000 watta mono amp with some new subs. But i was told from my local stereo shop that my current stock alternator could not handle the power. Does anyone know how many amps our stock alternator puts out??? I was thinking 110 amps or so??? I am not sure. The guy at the shop said that i could damage my alternator if i went ahead with the install. I was going to run rockford fosgate Punch P3 subs @ 1 ohm mono. Yes my amp can run safely @ 1 ohm. Darn it!! I wanted to do this, but i was told that if i wanted more bass, that i would need to buy a high output alternator and that would cost me between 400-600 dollars. wow!! Thats alot of money. I was wondering is anyone out there running a 1000 watts RMS @ 1 ohm mono??? Rightnow i am only able to run 500 watts RMS mono @ 2 ohms. If you do have a high output alternator, where did you buy yours at???? I was told that if i had a V8 engine that it would be fine to run a 1000 watts RMS. Its because my 2012 Forte LX is a 4 cylinder and the stock alternator is not adequate. I am curious to know how many watts you guys are running in your cars??? I am currently running 2 amplifiers. One for bass, and the other for mids and highs. How many people here have upgraded alternators??? Please chime in
Just got mine in for 2016 Kia FORTE. Built custom from the guys at Custom Electric in Ohio.

Attachments

Cache coe6
2 Farad Raptor Capacitor
4 gauge wiring
If you upgrade the Alt and do the big 3, you would see a huge gain. If you want something like that.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.