Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of trading my 2018 Forte S with tech pkg for a Forte EX. Would like to hear from those who made the switch from a 2017 or 2018 model to the 2019 or 2020. I would like to know if you think it is any quieter on freeways compared to the previous generation. My2018 is just fine except on certain worn-out pavements and then the tire noise gets bad. I test drove a 2020 Corolla and it is noisier than my Kia.
I like the ride of the 2018 Forte and hope that the new generation is as good as before. Although some people don't like the new IVT, I think I will be fine with it based on my rental of a 2020 Hyundai Elantra. Any other pros and cons comparing the two generations?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I just bought the 2020 forte 5 gt
My wife has a 2018 ex plus
They definitely drive and feel different
I find my 2020 is alot better in the hwy
Doesnt seem to have as much body roll at hwy speeds
I beleive it weighs more too. Hoping come next winter that will make for a bit better winter driving then hers

My hatch definitely is noisier on the hwy, but I'll take that anyday for the difference in performance between the 2 cars

For a little 1.6t,it goes pretty good!
I'm in the process of upgrading some stereo and having difficulties with local shops not being able to find any info on it
But...I'll get it done

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your comments. I wish we could get the forte5 here in the US - but not available now and not likely in the foreseeable future. I test drove the Soul and decided that this will not work. So this weekend, I hope to test drive the Forte. I hate going to the dealers but I have not been able to find one to rent (2019 or 2020). How has the gas mileage been so far? The on-line reviewers are all over the place - some saying it beats the EPA numbers and others say it is way below what it should get.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cant really tell the gas mileage yet
I'm off work until june 1st
I can let you know then as I'm all hwy driving
But I've only been in town driving and kinda heavy on the foot playing so far
Just broke 1000kms

There's not much info on these for ANYTHING
I'm really having a hard time figuring which loc to go with for my stereo upgrade
Each shop says something different
I've always done my own...but dont wanna mess with this one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts