Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

thinking of buying a Koup EX with sunroof (manual). I was wondering how much did you guys paid for. I'm from Montreal btw.

I would also like to know if there are any problems with the car given that it is a first year model.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Welcome manoi!

Paid 26K all in for an SX Koup.
No major issue yet. The model is new in North America but almost 2 years old in asia/australia.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome!
I paid almost the same as Matemorh, maybe a little less as I have a BIG mouth !

I purchased in Nov. 2009. I have had one oil change only.....and the car runs like a charm.......and looks pretty damm sexy (IMO)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to the forum !!!

I paid 23 800 $ + taxes... !! ;)

Nick

·
Registered
147 Posts
Paid $25000 for everything taxes, pdi, ect... out the door for my Sx koup
That was May 18th this year

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info.

Test drove it today and liked how it feel. Can't justify the extra for SX so going for the EX.

About to finalize the deals tomorrow.

Quick question though, are the door handles chrome or same color as the body on the EX?

First mod: changing to the 'K' emblems :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So... I made an offer to buy a White EX with sunroof and apparently none are available in Quebec nor Ontario. So my choice was either EX or SX (if I insist on a white one). Test drove the SX today and fell in love with it. Finally bought it for 24,400 with tax and everything. Gotta wait for 2-3 weeks though. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I will be going to a dealer soon to test drive the EX and SX Koup. I see you were able to bring down the price quite a bit from the retail price. Which dealer are you buying from?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got quoted $336 for 60 months for a Forte (sedan) EX at Kia St-Leo. But the sales guy told me the sale ended tonight (Kia pays the GST). Anyhow he had told me to come in for a test drive but then didn't even have the car. I can't sign a contract without first test driving. Plus, I'm not sure if I want the EX or SX or if I want the Koup instead. Still, it seems like it was a good deal.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I got quoted $336 for 60 months for a Forte (sedan) EX at Kia St-Leo. But the sales guy told me the sale ended tonight (Kia pays the GST). Anyhow he had told me to come in for a test drive but then didn't even have the car. I can't sign a contract without first test driving. Plus, I'm not sure if I want the EX or SX or if I want the Koup instead. Still, it seems like it was a good deal.
Go to consumerreports.com and find the actual cost of the car. The dealer wants me to pay around $20,000 for a Forte Koup SX with the leather package, in reality it costs around $17,900... Consumerreports said with the leather package most people end up paying $18,100.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Go to consumerreports.com and find the actual cost of the car. The dealer wants me to pay around $20,000 for a Forte Koup SX with the leather package, in reality it costs around $17,900... Consumerreports said with the leather package most people end up paying $18,100.
You've gotta factor in that dealerships have all sorts of fees, not to mention the 695 they charge for destination fees. I got an SX with out leather seats and they got it to me for 22,500, but that was with all the little tid bits of insurance and extra warranty that I went for. It was about 20,000 to begin with.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah I know you can find out the dealer cost, but that does not necessarily translate into savings. The dealers all set a minimum for which they will sell their cars, so they don't get too aggressive and cut each other too low. I just need to find out what price the car is going for lately so that I don't get taken in. I'm looking more at the EX sedan now since I'm 6' tall and I hit my head on the ceiling of the SX.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Are you from Canada? I bought the CarCostCanada reports for both the Koup EX and SX. It gives you the dealer's invoice price. You typically give them 3%-5% over the invoice.

Here are the invoice prices:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's how to use the reports.
Let's say you want to buy a SX and offer 3% profit for the dealer. You should offer
20061*1.03+1455-750+100 = 21 467.83 + tax
Note: the 750 is the factory rebate.

I bought mine at Kia Longueil and they gave me a very reasonable price. The salesman was Emile Lotrie. If you go see him, tell him that Eric (the asian waiting for his new white Koup) referred you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for posting this info.

Don't you mean 21 616.00 (instead of 20 061)?
No. Because the 21 616$ includes the freight (1455$) and the air con tax (100$). The dealer should not be making any profit on it. They should just make profit on the car itself, which is 20 061$.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Went to the dealer today and got a price. Final price is $17,600 and I may still be able to talk them down. I'm in the military so I got $500 off the price they initially had for me.

Kia Forte Koup SX
*Leather Package

·
Registered
120 Posts
^Is this the price with tax?

I went to Albi in Laval today and test drove the Forte Sedan EX as well as an SX. I then test drove a Koup but it was automatic. I just needed to see if I can fit comfortably in it since I'm 6'0.

I got quote about $356/month for 60 months for the Sedan EX and about $390/month for 60 months for the Koup EX. I was told he would be able to go down to about $336 for the Sedan and $343 for the Koup with some accessories.

Do you guys think this is a good deal?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts