Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it cost me me 4900 $ i din't get the europa 18'' wheels that i tought was included ?
are they supposed to be included in that price ?:confused:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well the price of the parts is set by KIA Canada but dealerships can sell for what ever they want. Any chance you have a cost breakdown of the kit? How was your painting? As parts alone do not cost half of that total. Also what did they charge for install? As for rims....you might have been able to get them in that price as well. Depends on your dealership.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, individual prices would be great, and yes i'm pretty sure 18” Europa Wheels and
Yokohama S-Drive Performance Tires are a part of the R package!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The wheels are part of the Original package, but the dealerships are allowed to offer whatever they want and can call it the R package. I have seen dealerships do various different packages. I have even seen them offer the lowering springs which are not part of the kit anymore. There is no REAL R package with a set price.

You buy what you want, at individual prices. If they bundle it, that is up to them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they dint give me the paper for the individual price of ech parts , maybe i could request it ? she got me to sign the paper for the r package , but i din't know it included the 18''inch wheels , i found that out only after when i was browsing the net , and when i went back to get the car i told her that it included the wheels she said no , only front skirt , side skirt , rear spoiler , exhaust , r plates , r badges exterior, air filter . i think i paid a little too much for what i got ... i should have the 18'' wheels , i wonder if there is anything i can do ...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Did you read what you signed? Sorry has to be asked....Let me tally up those prices for you....and I'll post back in a bit.

Sides = $475 + paint +install
Front = $475 + paint +install
Spoiler = $575 + paint +install
Exhaust = $575 + install
Filter = $55
R door sills = $94.25
R badges = $30.25 each (x2)

Total before paint and install = $2,310
Wheels alone are $1600.

From memory and research in the forums (http://www.forteforums.com/forums/koup-body-kits-appearance/3479-sx-r-parts-prices.html#post44962).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Holy crap thats a bit crazy!!! There was no set package for me, I could choose what ever I wanted and he gave me a deal on each part. With painting costing $449 and labour costing $69 an hour...think it took 3 1/2 hours, I got the Front skirts, side skirts, rear spoiler, R door plates, and R badges for $2450 I think...somewhere around there...and it would have costed me an extra 600 for the exhaust and filter. So what you got would have ran me about $3000. Seems like you paid more than what everything is worth plus a shit load for painting and labour. Sounds to me like you got jipped! I wouldn't have handled that man!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I would hate to say this but for that money I would have bought the TK's Turbo package before parts that make the car go no faster....LOL but that is just me. Mind you I have these parts as well.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hmmm sounds a little too much to me. You should definitely ask for a price breakdown and compare it to what you find on here for pricing. The wheels should for sure be included at that price!

·
Registered
191 Posts
they dint give me the paper for the individual price of ech parts , maybe i could request it ? she got me to sign the paper for the r package , but i din't know it included the 18''inch wheels , i found that out only after when i was browsing the net , and when i went back to get the car i told her that it included the wheels she said no , only front skirt , side skirt , rear spoiler , exhaust , r plates , r badges exterior, air filter . i think i paid a little too much for what i got ... i should have the 18'' wheels , i wonder if there is anything i can do ...

R U INSANE>>>> U COULD HAVE GOT THE TURBO KIT FOR THAT PRICE.... OMFG.... They should have gave u rims and full coilovers and gave u a blow job for that price...

2,213 Posts
for $2300 you could have gotten the NEFD body kit, a spoiler, tk.com full exhuast, tint, HID, CAI, door scuffs, rrm strut bar, lowering coils and made your own badges.... you paid for the letter R pretty much. dealerships are such a rip off

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah it sounds like i got totally ripped off , but im take action... i can't let it go like that , thats crazy ....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yeah it sounds like i got totally ripped off , but im take action... i can't let it go like that , thats crazy ....
I would hate to be the Badnews Bear but...If you signed without reading the dealership is not liable. If you ever read the fineprint on any KIA advertisements it always says dealers are free to set individual prices or may sell for less.

However I would talk to them and be calm about about, don't go in ranting and raving...remember they have your signature on file saying you agree to pricing. What they have done maybe unethical but not unheard of.

My suggestion is find a new dealership ASAP, and always ready what you are signing. Also alway do your background research. These prices have been posted on this forum since the package was available.

I do feel for you and keep us informed. Just another life lesson to be learned, please let this be a eye opener for others as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not a fan of the NEFD kit and I like my warranty but everyone has a preference and the right to their own opinions!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.