Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to an Amusement Park today (Kings Island) and someone slamed there door into my car and chipped a section of my paint. From my point of view it doesn't look dented (Which is a good thing) but I am still pissed off!:mad: I actually didn't notice it on my way leaving the park. I actually pulled up in the driveway of my moms house to drop my little sister off, and she noticed it.

She said, "Who keyed your car." And I was like, WAAAAT!??! I hoped out super quick, got out and looked at it, and about died a little bit inside. This is my first new car, I've only had it 2 weeks and I haven't even made my first car payment yet. Give me some slack!:mad:

Also, I am experiencing the all to infamous 2-3rd gear jerk. Blah! I'm just a little frustrated at the moment. On a good note though, I just got 32.5 MPG in my SX traveling 85mph for about 250 Miles going on my trip to Kings Island. It was awesome!:D I've also just logged over 1,000 Miles on this thing. It happens so
fast:p

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about the paint chip. :( You could try using a clay bar on it and buffing the sh*t out of it. Hopefully the chip isn't too deep. Otherwise you may be looking at getting a touch-up pen to fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
What's your deductible on your insurance for comp claims? I carry excellent inurance and my deductible is $100 on comp and $0 on collision. I'd your comp deductible is low submit it to your insurance.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Oooh man that sucks! sorry about your car.. yeah the above advice with the clay bar might work..
I'm not sure the warranty is going to help here.. since kia will call it normal wear etc..

I had a door ding it cost me 40 dollars to have him pull it then I had to use touch up paint to help hide the chip in my paint sighs*
If its a scratch with no dent as you said, it might buff out detail shops can be costly, and if you do go to one just do your homework first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay cool. Thanks for all of your responses guys!!! And thanks for the link Rockrolr. Yea, I'm definitely going to keep looking into options and whatnot. Like I said, it doesn't look dented, but these are some deep scratches. They are definitely paint chipped. *Sigh* Thanks alot though guys! I appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
lol Looks like it's nothing but a little clear coat. And as for the clay bar I suggested earlier, scratch that. It's definitely past my bedtime! Clay bars are for smoothing the finish by removing the fine bumps and flecks that your clear coat may acquire over time. Polishing and buffing the area is probably your best bet. I've been known to make mistakes though! If I were you I'd take it to a local body shop and get their opinion. It also wouldn't hurt to ask how much they'd charge to fix it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just had this happen to me the other day. I'm was livid.
Don't you wish you could strangle the ass that did it?
Yea I do! And the thing is, I know who did it! There was a huge SUV parked very awkwardly next to me, when I was leaving the park. But Like I said I live 125 miles away from it. And that's when I noticed it. It was a huge black Tahoe with Kentucky plates. God I would have just liked to sock him dead in the face! I'm checking my car from now on every single time I leave it in a parking lot.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well I'm sure you already had no choice in a place like a amusment park but I've been
parking in the back of lots.. it helps alot of course I live in a small town so its easier to find rows of open spaces in the back here.
I try to always check my car now too!
It sucks that people seem so careless about what they are doing.

·
Registered
526 Posts
well I'm sure you already had no choice in a place like a amusment park but I've been
parking in the back of lots.. it helps alot of course I live in a small town so its easier to find rows of open spaces in the back here.
I try to always check my car now too!
It sucks that people seem so careless about what they are doing.
This may sound a bit "over the top" but I've had some bad experiences with inconsiderate a$$holes in parking lots. After my Hyundai got a shopping cart scar all the way down the side (ALL the way down the side!)I would take a picture of the car( with plate#) on each side of me with my cell phone before I went into the store. If I came back and found any damage I would track them down and return the favor! My Koup has not been to a parking lot since I've owned it, I take my winter beater! No matter how careful you are with your car, someone out there is gonna mess it up for you eventually!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Speaking of parking experiences, I have long been a fan of parking in the far reaches of mall parking lots - and here in the GTA we have some HUGE malls. I remember once parking so far out in the parking lot I had to pack a lunch for the walk in. There was not a single other car anywhere in that section and I was right in the middle. So when I come out of the mall, there was a driving school car with student driver practicing parking beside my car! :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you're a diy type of dude you can certainly save some money by doing it yourself. I had a similar chip on my Forte and used the directions and video at http://www.automotivetouchup.com to learn how to do it. I priced around and body shops wanted between 300 and 600 dollars, I did it with $25 worth of paint from the site and about two hours of my time. No one can find where the chip was so I guess I did a good job!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've been parking in the back of lots.. it helps alot of course I live in a small town so its easier to find rows of open spaces in the back here.
Always did that with my first new car(Acura RSX), only to have a drunk driver come careening from the road, over a sidewalk, through some bushes, and into my baby. :(

Not safe from morons anywhere.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
oooh Nouce4aname thats just bad fliping luck and yes I agree its not safe out there!
way too many morons and aholes everywhere.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts