Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 2011 Koup SX, moonroof, NO leather, 2.4 6 speed

My dealer ( as stated in another of my threads ) refuses to budge on the near 21K sticker of what I just mentioned in a 2010 model.. But yet I see owners here that paid 18ish -19 out the door ..

I REALLY wanna like this car , and really wanna give it a shot, but my local dealer is making it tough.. And yes It is either this or a civic EX ( possibly Si ) The Si is what it is, They will NEVER drop it more than a few hundred bucks, just for the fact htat, They dont need to . THe car is to popular and In to high of a demand..

SO... I know they are not out yet, and the 2011 have some very nice improvements ( to the tranny especially ) that will give it better MPG and performance, So I am glad I decided to try to go with the 2011 Koup..

Now what should I be paying? 19?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well i dont know. That almost sounds reasonable because i just barely bought my 2010 koup 2 weeks ago for 19.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Exact same except i have a sunroof (you didnt say if you did or didn't)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Man, all I did was take a test drive and start to walk away and they offered to double the rebate and double my trade-in appraisal.

Just running a manual SX with moonroof and no leather through edmunds shows the true market value to be $17,284 after rebate.

Try another dealer. Work with them online.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
i got mine to come down a little, but not much, they explained the prices re already lower than everyone elses because of the deals they offer, but the deals did take 4500 off to make my car super cheap (13.5k for ex Sedan)

·
Registered
427 Posts
A 2011 Koup SX, moonroof, NO leather, 2.4 6 speed

My dealer ( as stated in another of my threads ) refuses to budge on the near 21K sticker of what I just mentioned in a 2010 model.. But yet I see owners here that paid 18ish -19 out the door ..

I REALLY wanna like this car , and really wanna give it a shot, but my local dealer is making it tough.. And yes It is either this or a civic EX ( possibly Si ) The Si is what it is, They will NEVER drop it more than a few hundred bucks, just for the fact htat, They dont need to . THe car is to popular and In to high of a demand..

SO... I know they are not out yet, and the 2011 have some very nice improvements ( to the tranny especially ) that will give it better MPG and performance, So I am glad I decided to try to go with the 2011 Koup..

Now what should I be paying? 19?
I payed 17,9 base price.. which became 19 with tax. Its totally fair.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Being an ex car salesman....it's not likely that the dealer will go down much if any on a 2011 since they are not out yet and a dealer ALWAYS wants to sell the stock he has on his lot since he is paying 2-3% a month of the dealer price to the bank. So, he NEEDS to get rid of old 2010's first even if he doesn't have the color or options exactly you want he will deal on what he HAS, not what he will have.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I live in Massachusetts. I paid altogether 17,895 for a Kia Forte Koup 2010 SX with all leather interior, sunroof and homelink / autodim compass. Saying that, I'm in the military and got a $500 price subtracted from the total.

Consumerreports.com is a great site to check out to find the real prices of cars. They told me the Kia Forte Koup SX with all leather interior, sunroof and homelink / autodim compass costs people $18,200.

$18,200 is the magic number. Any higher your dealer is screwing you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Massachusetts. I paid altogether 17,895 for a Kia Forte Koup 2010 SX with all leather interior, sunroof and homelink / autodim compass. Saying that, I'm in the military and got a $500 price subtracted from the total.

Consumerreports.com is a great site to check out to find the real prices of cars. They told me the Kia Forte Koup SX with all leather interior, sunroof and homelink / autodim compass costs people $18,200.

$18,200 is the magic number. Any higher your dealer is screwing you.
So the 17,895 is your negotiated price or your OTD price?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Shouldnt really matter if we aren't paying it as prt of the deal tho ;)
Of course it matters. You still pay the taxes, they just lower the purchase price.

Your best bet is to go in knowledgeable. People that go to dealerships, see a $23,000 car and say "i'll give you 20,500 out the door" aren't going to get a deal.

Now if you go with an Edmunds.com wholesale report and say "the MSRP is 23,000, but your wholesale is 21,500. Standard profit margin here is almost 7%, that's way too high. I'll give you 2.5% since it's the end of the model year and the 2011's have significant improvements"

You're not going to get 2.5%, but if you get 2.7 or even 3 then you made a pretty good deal. Use this with any factory incentives and you can have a great deal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just paid 18,650

Dealer had the sticker way higher that in should have been. I just got the SX, leather and sunroof, Manual transmission. Looking at the invoice I got it about 600 below before the rebate and about 400 about without the rebate.

Anyone else see BS charges? Like they tinted the windows, nitrogen pack, PDI... All in all added a couple grand on the car - sticker was over 22000

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just paid 18,650

Dealer had the sticker way higher that in should have been. I just got the SX, leather and sunroof, Manual transmission. Looking at the invoice I got it about 600 below before the rebate and about 400 about without the rebate.

Anyone else see BS charges? Like they tinted the windows, nitrogen pack, PDI... All in all added a couple grand on the car - sticker was over 22000
There's a dealer i'm dealing with that was super pumped when i said i wanted a titanium koup. He said he had one with the rear windows tinted (can't tint front in nova scotia), spoiler, window visors, hood and sunroof deflector.

All for only $2000 above sticker price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got mine for 19000 out of the door (taxes registration fees included).

I have a SX black with manual transmission, moon roof and leather package.

I bought it in NY state.

Now I don't know if that was a good deal as some reports 18 K or even lower than that :((

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok i bought mine 2 months ago for $18985 same options (6speed manual) and i didnt get any rebates but got $32,000 for my trade-in so they cut me a $13,000 check AND they had ot go 250miles to pick the car up.... and i didnt pay for that.... so thats where i was so idunno 21 seems high

1 - 20 of 44 Posts