Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i am just curious how much are you guys paying monthly and % for your EX/SX? I am trying to get a general price range to know how much I should negociate for:D

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
truecar.com
edmunds.com

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Don't let them negotiate you to a payment. Know what your credit score is. Using truecar.com or other site, know what cars are going for in your area. Get them to match or beat it. Then talk to the finance manager.

In my case, they had one with sunroof and leather, which were options I didn't want. So I said, match the truecar price, and you can throw in the leather and sunroof. Deal... off to finance where I got 2.9%

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
197 a month at 4.6%... also put down like 8K cuz I really wanted the car and plan on keeping it till it explodes or falls apart :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
As mentioned... you are looking at this incorrectly.

What I pay per month and the finance rate are almost unrelated. Someone with $3000 in options is going to pay more per month even with the same finance rate. Looking at it how you mentioned means the dealer is going to rape you when you walk in to buy the car. Finance rates are mainly depended on your credit score. Everyone's credit score is different. You should check with some local credit unions to see what percentage they would give you. Give them all the same amount that you want to finance. After that, shop for the vehicle see what price they will give you on the vehicle. After that, go on to the financing. They will probably try to juggle the two together so that they can hide the true cost of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
^^^
Yup, have excellent credit so I know I'm always going to get the best rate. I always call my bank and check first too. In this case my bank was 2.9 and dealer was 2.89, so instead of having to go to the bank, I just let the dealer do the work and drove off with the car!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the sites. they are usefull sadly i am in canada.

Currently all dealers are are offering 0% for 48 month financing or lease for around 3%. Taxes here are insane. I am trying to keep my monthly payments below 400$. Hope its possible

·
Registered
108 Posts
Geeze.... I hate to rub salt in the wound....

I have an almost fully-tricked-out stock 2010 SX sedan.... leather, moon roof, compass mirror, auto trans..... I did manage to get it below sticker, but not quite at cost. I went to pay the dealer with a check, and just before I sign it, he looks at me and asks "Have you considered financing this?" Totally took me off guard... so I said... "No..." He ran a credit check on me(mine is beyond excellent), and said "Hey... 36 months at (are you ready for it?) ZERO percent"

I'm not stupid. Free money is FREE money. I took the offer. Now.. the pain of it (if you can even call it pain) is just over $600 per month. I said "pain", but... consider if you will, the alternate was my check for the FULL amount disappearing from my bank account in one fell swoop. That's a lot more painful, I think. I set up auto-payments in the online-checking part of my bank, and I don't even notice it now, except for the monthly statement I get from KIA Finance showing me how much less I have owed on it.

Anyhow.... my two cents.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After checking at truecar.com

i realize that... US deals are so much better!! wow!
I am almost jealous and mad.. like SX is 19.5k? and it is 24k in Canada? Not to mention crazy taxes

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yea I got my SX for 3k less then sticker I payed 18300 for an SX with sunroof and chromatic mirror, plus a cargo net :rolleyes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Am paying 211 for my SX. With a 2.5 interest

·
Registered
444 Posts
$400 @ 1.9% for 84 months. But I also threw in undercoating and stuff, job loss insurance, and extended warranty.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got screwed on my purchase. Mine is a 2010 and true car only lists 2011 for my area, but I imagine the price would have been about the same when I bought it. I bought the car for about a thousand under the truecar price for my area, still wish I had shopped around a little more though. Looked at the car for the first time, and closed the deal same day, didn't shop around except for the 2 dealer's online listings. Found out later the other dealer had a larger selection than they had listed online.

Back to payments. I pay a little over 310 per month, with an interest rate of slightly over 4 percent. With the extended warranty and gap insurance, tax and all that other crap the total ended up being around 20K financed. Don't have any of the paperwork on hand to look at. At the time I had a beacon score of 750+ which is in the excellent range. Come to find out later that KIA had 0% financing deals at the time, which I should have easily qualified for. Of course no one in the dealership mentioned this, I found it later on the KIA site. Since I wanted 5 or 6 year financing it would have been 1.??% can't remember the exact number but much lower than what I have. Noticed the bank the loan is through has 2.9% financing last time I paid my bill, so next time I'm in I'm going to see if I can get it lowered to at least that. Like the bank but if they won't budge I'll be shopping around.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Back to payments. I pay a little over 310 per month, with an interest rate of slightly over 4 percent.

Noticed the bank the loan is through has 2.9% financing last time I paid my bill, so next time I'm in I'm going to see if I can get it lowered to at least that. Like the bank but if they won't budge I'll be shopping around.
I'm not sure if your interest rate is 4% or 2.9% but keep in mind that the difference between 4% and 2.9% is about $10/month. Worth doing as it saves $120/year but $10/month should not break the bank.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts