Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly as the title states. How often should you treat your leather seats to keep them in good shape?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Exactly as the title states. How often should you treat your leather seats to keep them in good shape?
I do it at least once a month.

In the summer it was almost weekly because I did it everytime I wash my car.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
A heavy leather conditioner should be done 3-4 times a year, more in hot climates. I like to use saddle conditioner, but I am surrounded by farm supply stores. Think of Armor All as just a cheap cleaner/greaser (not degreaser), apply as desired.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coooool. 3-4 times a year sounds about right to me. I'll be looking for some quality leather care products in the near future. Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Like Hazmat says, absolutely no Armor-all anywhere in or on your car. That shit is horrible for your ride. I've had friends in the autobody, detailing, and car sales businesses urge me to avoid that stuff at all costs.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Armor All isn't the end of the world. It's good for use in large quantities, like working out a pop, grease, or wax stain. It'll keep the leather protected for short term between full conditionings. Just don't let it build up and collect dust. I recommend a LIGHT degreasing (like a damp cloth soaked in dish soap and water or vinegar and water and squeezed) of the leather between Armor All and the real conditioner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts