Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VG shark fin antenna from www.sharkfinantenna.com-69 USD$

Will need: Kia Forte!,painters tape, flat head screwdriver,dawn saop or rubbing alcohol,hairdryer,budweiser.

1. remove antenna stick

2. clean around antenna base with dawn dish soap(if you have waxed your car) or rubbing alcohol if not.

3. visually align sharkfin and make sure it doe not touch antenna base

4. place painters tape in front and back of sharkfin when aligned to your satisfaction
then on the left and right sides.( i measured it out )

5.mount coiled cord onto the antenna base with the right screw and washer(provided). do not over tighten

6.make sure car is at room temp. if not use a HAIRDRYER to get it nice and warm, otherwise it wont bond well.

7. remove 3m tape and align front first and then the rest where u have marked with your tape.

8.when you have double checked its not crooked hold down firmly for 1 min.

9. remove tape

10. have a beer

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Thanks for the write up. Many of us have already installed however none of us
ever thought to do the write up. Lol. The only problem I see with the above is your choice of beer! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hehe... I just did mine yesterday... very easy installation and the reception is very good... like OEM !!! ;)

Nick

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for the write up and pictures. This might be an option I'll consider. Have you had good performance out of it and does it receive satellite radio?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the write up and pictures. This might be an option I'll consider. Have you had good performance out of it and does it receive satellite radio?
Same reception... like the OEM antenna ;) and yes it receive satellite radio ;)

The name of the antenna is : VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II

Nick :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Satellite radio reception I find is even better now. Such a quick and cheap mod for overall look boost of the car. took me about 10 mins.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Nice write up, thanks. I'm planning on buying a sharkfin tonight but I'm debating on wether I should go with the VG sharkfin which is a functional antenna for $81 or if I should buy the non-functional cosmetic only sharkfin off eBay for $32.

I've been driving around for months now without the antenna installed and haven't had any reception issues. I'm wondering if the VG sharkfin is even necessary.

·
Registered
202 Posts
mmmmm dosen't sound complicated another thing to consider, I have my car stock , I'm going to keep it like that for a bit,save money for time beeing, then i'll buy everything to install, cool write up man

·
Registered
78 Posts
dude, thanks for the play-by-play... I think I'll have to get me one of these now... I was afraid I'd have to drop the headliner and remove the base. very cool write-up. thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
OP, I went to the site you have linked but when I click on "order now" and then select my vehicle make/model/etc etc I don't see the forte as an option.....The only model choices are Borrego, Rio5, Rondo, Spectra5, and Sportage. Am I missing something here? :confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
OP, I went to the site you have linked but when I click on "order now" and then select my vehicle make/model/etc etc I don't see the forte as an option.....The only model choices are Borrego, Rio5, Rondo, Spectra5, and Sportage. Am I missing something here? :confused:
You have to send an e-mail at the customers service with your request ! (VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II, Make/model/years, and color code of your car)

Very easy !

Nick ;)

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Well I decided I shouldn't be a cheapo and just bought the VG Sharkfin. They're saying it'll be about two weeks before it's even shipped and then probably another two weeks for delivery. Lame!

I'm hoping it's gonna be sooner than a month before I get it. How long did it take everyone else?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well I decided I shouldn't be a cheapo and just bought the VG Sharkfin. They're saying it'll be about two weeks before it's even shipped and then probably another two weeks for delivery. Lame!

I'm hoping it's gonna be sooner than a month before I get it. How long did it take everyone else?
2 weeks for me ... but I'm in Canada :D

Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok i have red, now do they really paint it the color of your car or just their 4 basic color line up ( white, black, gray, red), as if that is true then i am sure their red will not match mine. I dont know the code yet but its not a basic red, ahh if that is so i just go with black.
I know ifs off subject but i have a 2.4 MT forte sx sedan and i was wanting a better deffuser any good ones out there with a good price?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they said they color matched my fin to my white koup.. but i notice its a LITTLE bit off.Kind of bugs me.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.