Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to change my door handles from red to black but I have no idea how to do so. Anyone have any tips or write ups on this? I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The safe way would be to pull the door covers on the inside so you can get to the door handles then take the door handles off the car.
this way you don't have to worry about over spay or masking anything.

they make a plastic paint, they also make a plastic bond that helps normal paint stick to plastic, its not very costly and works ok I can't say it works great.

of course if you're willing to fork over some extra cash you could just order door handles for a black car.. and then just slap them in and your all done!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'm just going to order orange handles and have my dealerships service manager install them for me.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@Matemorh: I'll probably put them up in the buy and sell, for those to the south of us who like chrome accents.

@dalaseju: I'm getting dealership to order them for me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
hell just order the carbon fiber door handle covers that they sell in ebay I think?? or some where, thats mention some where around the forums, it's eazy cheap and looks good too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts