Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Iv been having some shifter problems and I started with greasing the underhood shifter bushings. Id like to get at the inner ones too but I dont know how to get at them :eek:
Iv plled them out of other cars but dont know where to start. Anyone have some pointers? Auto CC if it matters

forteshadow

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I just did it yesterday cuz I installed my short shifter :) pretty easy....in the arm rest where it opens, open the bottom portion of it and pull out the bottom "floor" of it..easily done with a flat head or just bend it out. There's 2 bolts that need to come out with a ratchet and an extender and I believe a 10mm socket. Then unscrew the two screws near the footwells, one on each side. Pull off the cover near the E brake and pull up but not too much...then u have to disconnect the white plug in the middle of the 12V inputs underneath the console. Then the 2 heated seat plugs (if equipped) need to be disconnected. Then if I remember correctly, pull it up and over the E brake and take it out. Hope it helps and I hope I'm correct since I'm doing it from memory.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great info thanks :)
Very in depth, let you know how it goes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts