Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone help me identify what's holding down the plastic engine cover ?

Another poster said: "The engine cover pops off with two socket and ball connectors and two metal clips in the back that pop as well"

But, I can't seem to locate the connectors he's talking about.

Thanks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Do you plan to do anything with the engine cover? Or did you just want to look underneath it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Caution! Seriously, I tried taking mine off and i was pulling up hard, and it seemed to be working, and just when I thought something was about to break.... it did :| One of the clips on the back broke... snapped the plastic that was attaching the clip to the engine cover. Not a big deal, it doesnt make an noise or anything, just annoying, and now im paranoid to try to take it off because i dont want to break the other clip. I'm planning on painting it red when i have the courage to try to take it off again.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Grab the very front and pull up, it hinges on the back clips. If you pull the back, you're gonna break the plastic. Learn from MJewer's mistake!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.