Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone help me identify what's holding down the plastic engine cover ?

Another poster said: "The engine cover pops off with two socket and ball connectors and two metal clips in the back that pop as well"

But, I can't seem to locate the connectors he's talking about.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
just grab the front of the cover and pull up hard, but gently. and it will eventually just pop out really hard.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Do you plan to do anything with the engine cover? Or did you just want to look underneath it?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you plan to do anything with the engine cover? Or did you just want to look underneath it?
The main purpose was to look underneath and clean out loose tapes and other dirt that's been gathering there. Furthermore, it's also nice to know how to get access to the stuff, like spark plugs. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Caution! Seriously, I tried taking mine off and i was pulling up hard, and it seemed to be working, and just when I thought something was about to break.... it did :| One of the clips on the back broke... snapped the plastic that was attaching the clip to the engine cover. Not a big deal, it doesnt make an noise or anything, just annoying, and now im paranoid to try to take it off because i dont want to break the other clip. I'm planning on painting it red when i have the courage to try to take it off again.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Grab the very front and pull up, it hinges on the back clips. If you pull the back, you're gonna break the plastic. Learn from MJewer's mistake!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts