Im soooooooooo sad.......:(

·
Registered
312 Posts
dealership.

·
Registered
733 Posts
here man go to autozone buy this Meguiars Scratch X 2.0, it might not remove the whole scratch but it will make it look better

Attachments

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Ouch :(
well you can buy a paint pen from your local dealership
Or some of the kia Dealerships have there own body shops which could fix it but it will coast you.

Plan C. would be a local body shop which might be alittle cheaper (maybe)

The paint pen is like 10.00 and the cheapest fix but not perfect

·
Registered
69 Posts
First I would wet the area, if the scratch momentarily goes away then its a surface scratch and could be fixed with these scratch doctor type solutions. If it stays white my guess is that you have completely tore through the paint layer and the primed area is showing which no scratch remover will fix due to the fact that it is not specifically designed for one color. Cheapest and easiest way to fix it would be a paint pen, or if you want get a dealer to paint it but I don't think it would look any better because its just one spot, and the whole door would be pricey for that little thing! Just my thoughts on it!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, you can NOT buff it out. You're gonna have to get it painted. sorry bud.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's a DD, it's going to get scratched up. I wouldn't go painting it yourself, just live with it and when you sell the car, make the decision to get it fixed or not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just found a scratch on my front bumper from a hail storm that cant be buffed out..so I'm just going to buy a paint pen from the dealer..cheapest solution for sure..yours will be more noticeable since its by the door handle but should still look ok once it is touched up

·
Registered
593 Posts
The issue with painting it yourself is that you will be able to see it. You will be able to see it less of you also use a clear coat but that is difficult to do as a touch up. If you wanted it perfect, it will need to be sanded down and repainted.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's a DD, it's going to get scratched up. I wouldn't go painting it yourself, just live with it and when you sell the car, make the decision to get it fixed or not.
If you left a scratch like this that is deep, wouldn't it start to rust after a certain period of time?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts