Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought a shark antenna from ebay for my koup. And I haven't equipped it yet, since I don't know if I just need to go ahead and with any tool nthat can lift something, I can go about just extracting the roof antenna using my strenghth. Being followed up by patching the area with the shark anthena and I'm good to go.

Appreciated all your insights on this guys,

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Uuuhh you just need to unscrew the giant unicorn antenna and connect the wire from the sharkifin antenna into the base and then you put the sharkfin over the base. Don't need to take the whole thing

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is that the sharkfin antenna doesn't fit over the base of the stock antenna. So i need to take the stock antennas base off. Is that easily accomplished by just using force to detach it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, lets say I don't even use the raidio for AM FM or Sirius. I just want the shark fin antenna. Is there an easy way for me to just pull the stock antenna off with base and all?

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Search older posts regarding the dummy shark fin antenna and you'll find out that you just wasted your money on buying the dummy shark fin antenna.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ok if you got it from seller automotiveapple or something like that it is just a dummy antena and wont fit. I ordered from him thinking it would be a slip over and was not. Best thing to do is cut the sharkfin in half and reshape and widen it with fiberglass smooth and re-paint and it should fit over.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I order the visualgarage one. When I get to choose my car make and model I can't choose kia forte. What can I do to order from them?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
So if I order the visualgarage one. When I get to choose my car make and model I can't choose kia forte. What can I do to order from them?
U actually need to email them directly and tell them you need a markII for the Kia forte and your color code.

That's how we all had to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
roof antenna mount

hello
My antenna was broke off. Not sure how it happened. It broke off the actual antenna and broke part of the mount. How do I remove the actual mount that is mounted to the roof??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.